Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Casio CT-X700 portable ($175) keyboard

Jazz+

I like the ctx700 . I think I want to move up to the CT-X3000 , still battery powered but adds Line Out, doubles the watts and adds bass reflex speakers. What will be the street price?

Harry was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 850 of Harry's solo piano arrangements of standards and jazz tutorials at https://www.patreon.com/HarryLikas 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I heard this keyboard demonstrated at Namm and it sounded great. :)

I also have both a Casio and a Roland. I very much like the piano sounds on both, but for some reason (which I don't understand) the Casio just seems to work better in a band. It cuts through the mix and sounds better (In my opinion).

I had a PX5s, I'm 'seconding' your comment about it working better in a band setting. When I hear it in a band it's got a really nice uncannily real acoustic piano sound. I would say however, from having a Forte7 now, that the Kurzweil library and analog stage is in a different ballpark(and it should be). As far as action though, I do miss the PX5 for that.

Archived