Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Stage 2 separate output for organ to Vent???

analogholic

Need some help please!

Ok, gigging in about two hours and will borrow a NS2

Had no sleep so RTFM is not an option now...

Want to route organ to Vent for all programs.

How do I do it?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello

From the Manuel of the NS2

Output Routing

The output routing of the instruments in the Nord Stage 2 can be determined in two different ways, globally, or independently for each program In Program mode, the output selections will be stored in individual programs When Global is selected, the output routings will be the same for all programs, overriding the routings stored with each program

Range: Global (Default), Program

Organ Audio A/B Output

This allows you to set which channel output pairs (or mono output) to use for the Organ section If the Output Routing (see above) is set to Program, these settings will be saved with the program

Range: 1 & 2 (Default), 3 & 4, 3 ,4

Thanks a lot!

So it doesn't matter which slot is selected if I choose

Output 3 for organ and global.

All organs goes to output 3?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Thanks a lot!

So it doesn't matter which slot is selected if I choose

Output 3 for organ and global.

All organs goes to output 3?

That should work. The only caveat I can think of is that--since you are borrowing an NS2 and can't be sure how its owner has it set up--it is possible that some programs are set to override the global settings, and if you switched to one of those, your routing might not be what you expect. But also since it's borrowed, you're probably not going to be doing much program-hopping and are going to stick to "live mode" real-time panel manipulations, where it wouldn't be an issue regardless.

BTW, the ability to send all organ sounds out their own output regardless of the slot (as you are doing to go to a Vent) is an NS2 feature that is apparently no longer in the NS3 (at least based on the NS3 manual).

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Dont forget to turn off the rotary on the Nord.

It's still works but you get a Leslie into a Leslie.

It sounds weird.

I do leave it on with a few tunes and stop the rotors.

It's just another flavor to be able to crunch it twice.

You will lose the master reverb of the Nord doing this.

I usually use delay if I want it to lay back some.

It still routes through that.

John

Archived