Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jam Stick +

3dog

It was also demoed by both my brother and salesman /and maybe future teacher who set everything up and played the jazz and blues sound I want to achieve down that long road. I could have listen to him play all day. This little amp has amp modeling and recording software, headphone/Aux out and I have already tested it with my JBL PA system. The guitar will also plug straight into the JBL for a nice clean sound with no effects and those speakers through a much bigger sound out with no distortion cranked all the way up whereas the Peavey is very sensitive to electric vs acoustic electric.

I had the blues so I started playing. Now everyone around me has the blues.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't think the Jamstik can handle single or double string muting but there is a way to mute all strings at once. Sent an email to developer to see if there is a work around. Meanwhile I ordered a Fishman Triple Play wireless Midi system for my Hamer and will set that up so I can use Midi on my "real guitar". Not giving up on the Jamstik as I am still making progress.

Don't give up on the jamstick as a training and practice aid. I have all kinds of books on scales, chords arpeggios, etc. The jamstick could be incorporated as a scale chart for instance. Not having to pick up your "real guitar" for a quickie idea or two, could cause that jamstick to come in handy. It will never replace a "real guitar" IMHO, but keep trying! :thu:
Take care, Larryz

Meanwhile I ordered a Fishman Triple Play wireless Midi system for my Hamer and will set that up so I can use Midi on my "real guitar".

@3dog - Bear in mind that the Triple Play is designed to work with Soft Synths & Virtual Instruments within your computer, via USB. If you want to use it to drive MIDI hardware, you'll need a different sort of interface, unless you want to have your computer serve as the converter. (MIDI In from Triple Play to computer, MIDI Out from computer to external device.)

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

Yes, they make a foot controller to link to synths without a computer. Going to start another thread for the Triple Play. Just got it working with iPad and Mac as my Jamstik stopped working on the A string. Mfg said they are sending me a new one. Also you can't mute just one string you have to mute all or none. Don't know if that is a big deal to some but no show stopper for me.

• 1 month later...

Ok, I broke down and bought an acoustic-electric and now use all three for the learning process. I mainly use the Jamstik for learning/practicing finger picking, practicing scales and reading notation and the A/E for lessons due to it light weight and I don't need to plug it in or interface with any electronics although that will be a priority in the future. I use the Jamstik in the car while I am taking breaks at work. Right now I am going through the finger pain and callus building. I am told that the finger pain is "just the pussy leaving my body" and to keep playing as much as I can and that will pass. It is so much easier getting nice sounding chords on the Jamstik but I would say you still need to work on a "real guitar" at the same time. The electric is staying in its case until I can play guitar, too heavy for now.

Still learning with on-line sources using both Erich Andreas Complete Guitar System on Udemy and now Yousician as I wanted to concentrate on reading sheet music. Youscian works great with the midi interface of the Jamstik and I use that on my iPhone in the car and at home.

Archived