Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

NAD- Fender Passport Mini

Fred_C

Whenever I am invited to a friend's house for dinner, a party or some other function they often say, "Could you bring your guitar?" But, that's only half the question. The part they leave out is "and an amp". So, I end up schlepping a guitar and an amplifier.

I wanted something small and lightweight with decent tone that ran on batteries. I really wanted a Roland Cube Street, but was put off by the $300 price tag. So, I settled on this little Fender ($140). I'm very happy with it and believe that it will handle my requirements adequately. Clean tone is good and it will play at "coffee house levels". In addition, the free Fender Fuse software allows for "deep editing" as well as for digital recording directly to my computer. So, it may be possible for me to record some music to post to the forum. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, but did not have the required equipment to accomplish. I just need to learn to use the "Fuse software".

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/fender-passport-mini-7w-1x8-battery-powered-acoustic-guitar-combo-with-effects?rNtt=fender passport&index=1

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats Brother Fred! I love my battery operated little Roland Cube. It's nice to have a compact lightweight amp like the one you purchased for quick in and out practices and jams. They are fun to take to a friends party and you can play outside on the patio at a BBQ or around a campfire too! Great little busking amps for street musicians and yours has an xlr for running a mic. Very cool! :thu:
Take care, Larryz

Archived