Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Theme From an Imaginary Western...

tarkus

I was bored yesterday and decided to throw this out there.

Something I cobbled together a few years ago and decided to give another listen. Come to think of it, I recorded this over 6 years ago. Originally, I was going to submit this for one of the Keyboard Corner Compilations... but never got around to it.

the song was sequenced without quant or step-entry into the Triton sequencer. I apologize for the drums (and for the video quality).

The drum track was the only sequenced element albeit amateurish. There are drum fills on another track that were also punched-in live.

The DSI MEK is present only in the video. It had no part in the original recording, but you hear a drone at the beginning which is me just fooling around.

The guitars, Bass, mini-moog lead, organ etc all come from the Triton.

Bonus: at the end of the track you hear strange mechanical percussion... That was not from the Triton but from the printer that is located in the same room as my gear. My wife decided to fire off some documents at the time I was recording this. LOL!

I hope you enjoy it...

[video:youtube]

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks! :)

I am proud of how the guitars came out especially the harmonies between the two guitars and the Moog lead. Instead of copy-paste the data and changing the patch, I performed them individually to get a real feel. The timing isn't mechanical and the pitch bends are not exactly synced... puts some swing into the blue notes.

Nice job, thanks for sharing! ;)

It's been a while since I heard that tune...used to be quite a big fan of Mountain in my highschool days - takes me back to listening to the Leslie West's album while driving my first car. ;)

Cheers,

James

x

Employed by Kawai Japan, however the opinions I express are my own.
Nord Electro 3 & occasional rare groove player.

Thanks! A friend of thought the drone in the beginning was a teaser for "Dream Weaver" lol!

I was looking at some new workstations (Korg, Yamaha) in the event that the blue meany kicked the bucket. I've made so many programs and sequences over the last 15 years I can't imagine what I would do without it.

The next stuff I will showcase will be performance related as in "you can do this live without sequencing"

Before this thread scrolls downward to oblivion I thought someone should mention the late great Jack Bruce, who wrote the song with Pete Brown and released it on his first solo album 'Songs for a Tailor'. Here's a much later version by Jack-

[video:youtube]

I was looking at some new workstations (Korg, Yamaha) in the event that the blue meany kicked the bucket. I've made so many programs and sequences over the last 15 years I can't imagine what I would do without it.

I've had my Triton Classic for almost 17 years. While I've purchased other synths and workstations over the years, I'd miss the Triton if it ever quit on me.

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Archived