Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Wrapping up this week's series of tribal diatribes, etc

d  halfnote

Kicking back here in ATL as winter reminds me of what it can be, I'm listening (& tryna be glistening) to this tribute to the music of November's favorite child, who's BDay was a week ago today.

[video:youtube]

Listen, if you will, then look around wherever you are.

They say all the other arts want to be music.

I wonder why ?

:cool:

d=halfnote

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe because you can listen to music in the dark, but not read of see a painting?

Or that even blind people can make music but not PAINT or sculpt?

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Naw, it's b/c music was / is the primal art.

As science has demonstrated in modern anthropology, other apes, particularly gibbons, perform group ceremonies that can only be recognized as music / dance ceremonies.

Likely that happened w/ ppl at a very early developmental stage.

Furthermore, music touches our heart's & spirits in a way no other art does.

Even when you think some film is strumming yer heartstrings, it's likely as much from the b /g music as the plot.

d=halfnote

Naw, it's b/c music was / is the primal art.

As science has demonstrated in modern anthropology, other apes, particularly gibbons, perform group ceremonies that can only be recognized as music / dance ceremonies.

Likely that happened w/ ppl at a very early developmental stage.

Furthermore, music touches our heart's & spirits in a way no other art does.

Even when you think some film is strumming yer heartstrings, it's likely as much from the b /g music as the plot.

d=halfnote

Music- starting with the human voice- is the oldest form of communion with one's peers. It's also the earliest celebration of life and security. I imagine our forebears shouting into the dark, past the firelight, letting the predators out there know, WE ARE HERE.

I'm remembering a scene from Castaway where Tom Hanks' character succeeds to make fire, and expresses his joy at that.

It has evolved nicely over millennia. Music is a reflection of the best in our souls as a race.

I have embraced music as a pursuit for many years now. I once deferred my aspirations for over a year and it diminished me. I vowed 15 years ago to ALWAYS play music. My soul is fulfilled, not by the success but by the effort.

This here is a great tribe to be a part of.

I like that part in your post that says..."not by the success but by the effort."

I've said a few times before in these forums:

"It doesn't matter if you only know three or four chords and can play only two or three songs. You're making MUSIC. And THAT's ALWAYS a beautiful thing!" :)

I just remembered something my Mother once said. She once(in her teens) sang in a vocal choir of some kind and said, "The trick to carrying a tune is to let the TUNE carry YOU!" If ya get her drift.... :)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Music- starting with the human voice- is the oldest form of communion with one's peers. It's also the earliest celebration of life and security. I imagine our forebears shouting into the dark, past the firelight, letting the predators out there know, WE ARE HERE.

I'm remembering a scene from Castaway where Tom Hanks' character succeeds to make fire, and expresses his joy at that.

It has evolved nicely over millennia. Music is a reflection of the best in our souls as a race.

I have embraced music as a pursuit for many years now. I once deferred my aspirations for over a year and it diminished me. I vowed 15 years ago to ALWAYS play music. My soul is fulfilled, not by the success but by the effort.

This here is a great tribe to be a part of.

+ 1,000, Glad you are a tribal member Jawbone! :thu:

Take care, Larryz

Archived