Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Essential Beatles DVD

I just finished watching the Beatles Anthology on DVD. It was good. LOTS of footage. Good interviews.

Are there any other DVDs that would be considered essential for Beatles fans?

I would like to see more studio footage and outtakes. Preferably during the later, drug induced period of their careers. :D

Amateur Hack

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though it is a film about rather than with The Beatles, I suggest that you check out "Backbeat".

"A Hard Days Night" is available on dvd with some good bonus material.

There's also a new DVD about The Beatles first US tour available.

Then, of course, there are plenty of really good books...and more than a few that aren't very good

/Mats

http://www.lexam.net/peter/carnut/man.gif

What do we want? Procrastination!

When do we want it? Later!

Good Call - I thought Back Beat was respectable - I guess I'll pick up a copy I was kinda thinking about it a little...that's from their old Hamburg early Rock'n'Roll days as I 'member

I have the Anthology on VHS. Does the DVD have a lot more material on it? Enough to have me invest in "The Beatles Anthology" once again?

And I thought "Backbeat" was pretty good, too.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Originally posted by whitefang:

I have the Anthology on VHS. Does the DVD have a lot more material on it? Enough to have me invest in "The Beatles Anthology" once again?

And I thought "Backbeat" was pretty good, too.

Whitefang

I waited for the DVD version to come out and it does have additional material including the then remaining 3 members jamming on acoustic guitars and drums, them playing around with levels/altnerate tracks of the master of a couple tunes, and some in depth stuff regarding the videos. As a fanatic, I thought it was definitely worth the $50 at Best Buy - plus, random access is a great thing...

Pete

Archived