Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

GAS Relief - like a loud (burp) after a big meal

tarkus

It only took a few years... but I needed some GAS relief.

Picked up a Moog Etherwave Theremin, A Sonuus G2M midi converter and a Zoom 16 track recorder.

The theremin was a must and an upgrade from my original photo-electric theremin. The G2M was $70 and a perfect accessory for a dedicated monophonic instrument to link up to the rig.

I haven't had a real recording device in ages. Most of my recordings were either sequences or old analog tapes to CD. Now with the Zoom I can record with all my gear.

Links to demo vids:

Apologies since I have to hold the phone to record the action. I could not get too indulgent, but you get the picture.

Theremin to Mek as a controller is very responsive but sounds best with pads and patches that have slow attack and are awash in delay or reverb.

The Triton "real flute" reacts well as do most patches based on monophonic instruments.

When you trigger a combi setting, the midi lag tends to produce accidental chords. An orchestra combi will start responding polyphonic in 3rds 5ths etc... not a deal breaker, but it makes for an interesting soundtrack.

The G2M has a chromatic setting and a real pitch setting which is difficult to control when trying to play particular tempered instruments.

If you have a theremin I highly recommend the G2M.

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived