Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Stewart PA-100B Amp

I just bought this half-rack power amp second hand for my keyboard rig, but I have no idea how to connect the speakers, since it has only three connectors: 1, 2, and ground.Anybody familiar with that?

Also, it doesn't have volume control over the channels. Does that mean I'll have to turn the volume knob down on my mixer every time I power up the amp?

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking a flying guess here...having never seen the amp, I will try to interpret...

Could it be a MONO amp?

Perhaps a single balanced input ("1, 2, and Ground") wired as a barrier strip?...i.e: screw terminals, meant to take bare wires.

The speaker OUTPUTS are usually some type of binding post, almost always red and black, and are usually spaced to fit a banana plug for the speaker wire...

And yes, it is always a good idea to turn down your mixer before you power up the amp. Technically, the amp should be turned ON LAST, and turned OFF FIRST.

Again, I am not familiar with this particular amp, so I may be mis-interpreting some things in your post. As my Dad used to say, "just passing on general information..."

hope it helps.

peace,

SC

"If the machine produces tranquillity, it's right."

---Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Thanks for the quick reply and the advice, GT40sc,

Could it be a MONO amp?

Perhaps a single balanced input ("1, 2, and Ground") wired as a barrier strip?...i.e: screw terminals, meant to take bare wires.

You're right, screw terminals but,the specs I got from their web site says "50watts per channel or 180w bridged". It also has inputs 1 and 2, so I assume it's a stereo amp. Am i right?

And, is it normal for an amp not to have volume controls?

Thanks again.

Originally posted by Carlito:

I just bought this half-rack power amp second hand for my keyboard rig, but I have no idea how to connect the speakers, since it has only three connectors: 1, 2, and ground.Anybody familiar with that?

Also, it doesn't have volume control over the channels. Does that mean I'll have to turn the volume knob down on my mixer every time I power up the amp?

Hope somebody can help.

Thanks.

Carlito,

I have one of those amps...

They are stereo, but can be "bridged" for mono

by engaging the stereo/bridge switch (in for mono)...

There are also two inset screws to

adjust/balance the L/R output levels...

But any overall level adjustments must be done

at your various sound sources (or your mixer)...

And finally for stereo hookups, connect the "+"

wires from your L&R speakers to the 1 and 2

screws on the barrier strip, respectively...

Then connect both "-" wires to the central ground screw...

Bob Phillips

20to20soundesign

Archived