Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MAG P2 Custom Organ videos

Tobias Åslund

Less than two weeks ago I was on a business trip to Prague (a hearing research cochlear implant conference). So just for the fun of it I thought I send MAG a question if I could visit their production facilities, which turn out to be a small, but highly organized business apartment, and the MAG company turns out to be more or less a one man business. So on a sunny Thursday morning the owner/designer/engineer Max came and picked me up at my hotel. Then we spent two hours talking about Hammonds, music and more - I had a great time, and recorded these to videos with Max's help. They are simply recorded with my iPhone 6s and its internal microphone, and no Leslie is used. This version of the P2 has a custom designed MiniVent for organ circuit board inside - and the Organ sounded and played wonderfully!

For full disclosure, I have no business affiliation with Mag Custom Organs - I am a potential customer though, but since the price is quite high (but still very reasonable, IMHO) I don't have the funds today to order one. It is still likely however, that I will do so in the following year... :)

Anyway - here are the videos:

Jazzy, cleaner sound:[video:youtube]

More overdriven, nastier sound:

[video:youtube]

As always - please excuse my playing. It's just simply a bit of improvisation to showcase the organ, and I didn't prepare at all in advance. I started playing pedals about two years ago, and I put the Leslie switch in an hard to reach place... anyway - I had of lot of fun playing this instrument!

Yes - one more thing - this particular P2 wasn't fully operational yet, it was still being put together, so the preset keys and the 2nd drawbar set was not functional when we recorded these two videos.

Cheers!

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived