Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Going for Amp with 2 Ohm Load

Wally Malone

Having been quite pleased with my Genz Benz ShuttleMax 9.2 I'll be adding a 12.2 into the mix which will enable me to use my AccuGroove El Whappo and Wedgie together. I know that somewhere down the line the opportunity to use these cabs together will present itself. In addition if I choose I could also add the Tri-112 along with these. This amp and these cabs will make an appearance at Thunder In Boulder Creek III on Sunday, October 4.
I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does two four ohm loads so one can use cabinets adding up to 2 ohms. There will be times I'll use the El Whappo (4ohm) and the Wedgie (8 ohm) as a monitor near a mic. I would add the Tri112 for an over the top setup at a big outdoor stage, just cause I can.

It should arrive tomorrow.

I can't even imagine the amount of air that's going to move. Will there be less bass guitar in the monitors and mains then, or is it a massive venue?

This is a bassplayer event and will be an outrageous number of bassplayers in a big circle for the purpose of trying basses and amps that one would not find stocked in stores.

The amp arrived, set it up and it sounds great. Some good things in addition to the sound is it fits in the bag for the SM9.2 and the foot switch is the same and now have an extra one if a problem with the other occurs.

In addition if something ever goes wrong with either of them there is always the other one.

Archived