Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Under the Milky Way by The Church

Rockitman

Band wants to play this and was wondering if anyone knows what kind of patch is that synth that comes in and out, starting about 45 seconds into the song?

I already got the bagpipe sounding lick in the middle, cool song.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you talking about the string-like pad at 0:45? Sounds to me like a string pad with a saw tooth waveform. It blends with the other instrument effects so it's somewhat difficult to discern precisely. Didn't listen with headphones. What board are you using to recreate the sound?

Chris

Main gear: Yamaha C7, Kronos 2 88, Moog Sub 37, CK61,  Kurzweil PC2x, Pearl epro, Mac/Logic/AUs

Has always sounded to me like a string-and-voice pad.

I've used those elements (with a dark piano and pad-type synth patch) together in a combination in the past. If you can use different controllers (say, volume pedal, aftertouch and a fader control) to individually fade elements in and out, it can make for a more dynamic performance than just a mass volume thing.

Always liked that song too.

Edit: The "bagpipe" solo was actually an eBow'd Fender Jazzmaster, recorded into a Synclavier. Not that it helps you at all, but, maybe it'll come up in a Trivial Pursuit game.

An ebow on a strat is what The Church use live so whatever patch gets close if it has to be played on keys

[video:youtube]

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Archived