Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Broadway Big Band/Lite Brass Library Sale

analogholic

Anyone using these? Sale ends tomorrow!

"Lite" is now $199 instead of $499

Want to get a nice pop/jazz brass library that would work for live as well. The Sample Modeling stuff was my first thought but it´s way more expensive. Opinions?

http://www.fablesounds.com/

Apparently the keyboardplayer for The Commodores are using these live

[video:youtube]

Also wonder if these are programmed to react to breathcontroller?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I prefer Chris Hein Horns, as they have that uncompressed in your face sound.

But for recording BBB and Kontakt Session Pro are great as they have tons of useful articulations.

They just don't mix right with Hammond/Rhodes/Wurlitzer/Synth sounds, as well as Screaming Trumpet Pro and CHH 2 for my needs.

But for 199 USD BBB Lites Sax Sections are worth the asking price. They are my favorite part of the package.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Thanks!

Hmmm...I see that Chris Heins Compact is priced $199 as well atm. Are you using Compact?

The BBB Lites is 15GB vs 5GB of CHC. Guess more articulations?

Some of the instruments in BBB Lites are not close miked but "loose miked". Perhaps that´s what you refer to when mentioning that CH has a more "in your face" sound?

I want to use it for "Swing/Jive" as well as R&B styles augmenting 1 to 3 real horns live.

One really cool thing with BBB is that a 2.0 is on the way which has Real-Time Orchestrator where you can play chords with each horn playing a note of the chord just a real section. This was always the dilemma of keyboard brass.

Wonder how much that "upgrade" will be though

Decisions decisions...

[video:youtube]

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

I haven't used or ever even hear of this brass library, but having been using Chris Hein Horns Compact, I could vouch for Hardware that they do have that uncompressed in your face sound.

For me CHH Compact is by the far the best most realistic sounding brass I've ever heard. And it's also great for live because it doesn't use too much CPU and memory and the way you build your sections is simple and intuitive.

Gonna have to check out the Fable Sounds stuff though because it looks and sounds impressive.

Ian Benhamou

Keyboards/Guitar/Vocals

[url:https://www.facebook.com/OfficialTheMusicalBox/]The Musical Box[/url]

+2 For Chris Hein Horns. I bought the Compact Version. I think it was even less than $199 with the current exchange rate.

A big improvement over NI Sessions horns for live use. Don't know about this product.

Yamaha S90XS, Studiologic VMk-161 Organ

Small/powerful (i7, 32GB, M.2 SSD) PC controlled by 10" Touch Screen

Cantabile, Ravenscroft 275, Keyscape, OPX-II, Omnisphere 2, VB3, Chris Hein Horns, etc.

I use my zones for adding additional intervals/chords when performing. So the BBB update is nothing special for me.

I would love to have BBB in the NCW format though as it is a huge resource hog.

Years ago in Vegas a friend had to use 2 x MacPros at his gig to use it live. Now days it's much easier, but it's a really old instrument and definitely needs an update to NCW.

Then I might consider upgrading to the full library, but that price is still too damn high. At that time though, it seemed worth the money as First Call Horns and East West Quantum Leap Brass were all that was available.

For example Vehicle has the basic 5ths as the harmony.

Having the right hand playing VB3 I need to still hit the rotary switch (FC4) and 2 Horn articulations (FS-6) but can't use both hands for a horn part, so I transpose a zone up a 5th and just kick it on or off.

But the real kicker to my sections is Screaming Trumpet Pro.

Great Maynard type tones and a smoking shake articulation.

I use that the same way I stack intervals by tapping on another zone, and then using a pair of FS-6 pedals my articulations are all just a touch and release of the switch.

Plus having a Physis K4 makes this usually difficult task a walk in the park.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

Archived