Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Andy Fraser RIP

jcadmus

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too young. My band plays All Right Now and I actually sing the lead vocal on it. It's an interesting bass line, in that it only appears in the chorus--and the instrumental interlude--and not the verses. Thus a good song for a bassist to sing!

That opening bass riff of the interlude is the closest I get to a solo.

Great song. RIP.

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

He was an innovator for his time. he may have been one of the first to adopt baroque pedal tone and fugue techniques to rock bass.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Andy Fraser was one of my early influences and this loss really hits home. It is my understanding that not only was he a bassplayer, songwriter and producer but also a genuinely nice person.

There are far too many of our influences going to the great gig in the sky and it is very depressing.

Rest In Peace Mr. Fraser and thank you for all the great music!

Nothing is as it seems but everything is exactly what it is - B. Banzai

Life is what happens while you are busy playing in bands.

Post number 1000!!!! In memoriam Andy Fraser!!! You dug a great big hole in the ground for Mr. Big!!!! They dug one for you too! They gonna do it for me and that's the way it is! I dig it baby!!!

I'd like to thank the denizens of the BP forum for putting up with 1000 posts of shenanigans. Learned a lot from y'all, many thanks truly.

Archived