Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fostex D-108?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've used one and I've sold a bunch of them back in the day.

They are fairly robust and the convertors aren't bad. Think of it as an ADAT with no rewind time and easier editing.

I recall a few of the displays being defective, but if it's still working, I think you are fine.

How the heck did you get that for free?

"For instance" is not proof.

I still use a D-160(16-tracks), it cost me $1700. I bypass the converters and connect it to a digital mixer. I'm amazed at how fast it is becoming obsolete. I'd like to have a Radar 24 track, those keep their value and are up-gradeable, but...................I haven't got 5g's sitting around anywhwere right now:cry:

The d-160 has been a stable unit, no crashes - ever, and fairly quiet down in the bottom rack with a front on the rack box. Sounds OK too, much better than the mini-disc I had before that. I just record 16/44.1 but you can go to 48, no 24 bit, sooooooo, it's outdated, but still does everthing you'd need if 8-tracks is all you record. For some reason Fostex isn't a "top" brand-name, why? I have no idea? :confused:

WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Originally posted by zeronyne:

I've used one and I've sold a bunch of them back in the day.

They are fairly robust and the convertors aren't bad. Think of it as an ADAT with no rewind time and easier editing.

I recall a few of the displays being defective, but if it's still working, I think you are fine.

How the heck did you get that for free?

How I got it is a bit of a mystery that will stay that way. :D

I have an ADAT deck as well that I've been using for years. Could I replace the deck? Are the hookups the same? I have the ADAT linked to a PC. Do you think that the Fostex would work through the same interface?

Thanks - I hate to sound like such an idiot but I'd like to make some use of this unit if I can.

Yes, it's Toslink, make sure you can synchronize it to the computer with a midi interface, you may have to do some reading on it to get it all working right though, it's pretty tricky if you don't have something to reference to.
WAR IS PEACE, FREEDOM IS SLAVERY, IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

Archived