Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

A really funny guitar demo

Fred_C

Hey Gents,

This morning I was researching solo arrangements of Jobim's "Desafinado" on Youtube and came across this demo of an Epiphone Sorrento.

The guy doing the demo is not a very skilled guitarist- barely an intermediate, but his enthusiasm and excitement are contagious. I only listened to him play for a minute or two before moving on to more sophisticated arrangements. I think he's playing (or trying to play) "Desafinado".

It's a fun and funny demo. Check it out.

If you play cool, you are cool.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cute guitar, it would probably sound better if he tuned it before making the video. I like the mini humbuckers, cutaway, color, looks, etc., not sure about the action due to his playing. I didn't care for the headstock and it would have been cool to have a fancier one on that model. I watched the whole thing to see if he would put it through different settings but he left it in the same spot the whole time as far as I could tell...I don't know why the kids at GC steal the knobs...never buy off the rack, make them go in the back and bring out a new one! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

:) He's a bit rough here and there, but gladly, his timing isn't bad. THAT'S one of the things that will bother me the most when playing with someone else- if their timing is off, wrecking the beat, especially if repeatedly so. That and playing off-key. Little mistakes here and there are livable, I sure make enough (often from 'going out on a limb', trying something different); bad timing and off-key lines and chords make me cringe. If someone has basically good timing and can manage to play in key, everything else will likely fall into place with practice and experience. :cool:

At a glance, those Epiphone Sorrentos look to be a bit of a 'poor-man's' ES-275, eh? Might be a really good deal, might be really nice with some medium or heavy flat-wounds or "Jazz-round-wounds", I may have to check those out in the future...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

That...is why I always take my sunglasses off before playing :D

I made it a little past the five minute mark, had to bail after that.

He`s not terrible...exactly. But he`s not really showing much about the guitar`s range. A little strumming is fine, then try something else. Use the selector switch. Jeez.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

At a glance, those Epiphone Sorrentos look to be a bit of a 'poor-man's' ES-275, eh? Might be a really good deal, might be really nice with some medium or heavy flat-wounds or "Jazz-round-wounds", I may have to check those out in the future...

I like D'Addario flat wounds as they are half the price of Thomas-stik flat wounds and sound brighter. D'Addario has a new string out called "Half Rounds" which have a little more finger noise than the flatwounds but less fingernoise than round wounds. They are Stainless Steel and have a bright tone and a smooth feel according to the write-ups. I think they only come in 10's for now. I really want to give them a try on my electrics the next time I buy some strings... :cool:

Take care, Larryz

Forgive me for imagining he may have been.....partying....

Haahh! Yeah, either way, he seems like a nice enough guy, just having fun. It's not like he proclaimed himself Maestro Shredder or somethin'... :thu:

I'm sure that I'm not up to everyone's standards, myself. :D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived