Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

2015 resolutions, anyone?

EddiePlaysBass

Time for a first roll call? Preliminary updates, 7 weeks into the new year!

The misses and I haven't moved in together just yet. My dad and I moved her piano (yes, my misses has a piano) last Saturday. I never knew just HOW heavy these things are! Also moved my TV but we have no cable yet, so we can look at the TV, but can't watch TV ... Somewhere in the next two weeks or so we will likely move house (finally), and that will conclude a long, long period of my life.

Been going to the gym semi-regularly. I need to do better there: work out harder, get some of that endurance back which I lost over the years. Eat less and eat healthier. No real weight loss yet, but no gain either. Sometimes, a status quo is a-okay.

Music: been dividing my time mainly between the Walking Jazz Lines For Bass book (on electric) and the Latin Bass book (on upright) and realizing that I could / should mix up instruments, too. Have not spent enough time on the walking jazz lines stuff, so I am stuck at pages 17 / 18 (I-IV progressions and Rhythm Changes in 3rds) but since I have no "deadline", I take it as slow as it comes. As long as I actually notice some progress ;) Now what I need is more ear training thrown in!

Speak up, friends and forumites!

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have been very successful in my quest to drink more beer, except for the past ten days when a trip to Belize had me drinking a bunch of rum and tequila. Not at the same time. Had some local beer (Belikan) which was good, but comes in only 10oz bottles, and the bottles are brown smoked glass that are real heavy. This made it hard to gauge how much beer was left in the bottle until....ooops, too late; already empty.

I know. Poor me. But I will persevere.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

• 5 months later...

Right, 8 months into 2015, so maybe time for some evaluations?

1) I'm still bandless, and don't foresee major changes there.

2) Moved into the house in February instead of January. My life has changed!

3) Not doing a whole lot of music practice these days (but I did start playing ukelele) but I am slowly working that back into my daily and weekly routines.

The big one for me is number 4 ...

4) So far I have lost around 8 kilo's (around 17 pounds if the internet is to be believed) this year! I had gone up to 101 kg (223 lbs) in January and am now down to 93 kg (205 lbs).

Really hit the gym hard, started watching what I eat (and my girlfriend simply cooks less) and have been jogging / running for a month now. My ultimate goal is to lose a total of 30 kg (66 lbs) but I give myself a few years to accomplish that :)

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Archived