Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Loading PC3K prg/setups to PC3?

analogholic

Hi all,

Was trying to load my PC3K programs/setups (using the base ROM)to my PC3 but wasn´t able to do it.

Do I have to rename PC3K prg/setups to "PC3 something" (don´t have the boards in front of me atm) to get the PC3 to read the files?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi all,

Was trying to load my PC3K programs/setups (using the base ROM)to my PC3 but wasn´t able to do it.

Do I have to rename PC3K prg/setups to "PC3 something" (don´t have the boards in front of me atm) to get the PC3 to read the files?

When there are samples in the PC3K file you cannot load into PC3.

Otherwise you can rename the .P3K file to .PC3.

I´m not sure if the PC3 SHOULD read P3K files IF there are no samples involved.

Can be.

A.C.

My PC3 does read P3K files (at least it reads BillW's Hammond patches, so it reads KB3 stuff) without renaming from P3K.

The older OS versions would not read P3K (IIRC), but that was fixed in an OS release a bit after the PC3K series came out.

Of course, if there are any samples in the patch, the PC3 won't be able to load them. I haven't tried that type patch - not sure if it will refuse to load or if it will do what it can with the patch, probably resulting in something that sounds a lot different.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

This should work no problem since you're using Base ROM.

You might need a current OS in the PC3.

You're using storage mode and not the boot loader right? You don't want the boot loader (the thing that updates the OS) for this process.

If you go to the storage page on the PC3, using either an xD card or USB from computer, you should be able to see the PC3k files.

If you can't get it sorted give Kurz support a shout and they'll assist. http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

Like I wrote I´m using only programs with the base ROM.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Yeah, I´m using storage mode.

I don´t think I have the latest OS in my PC3. That might indeed be the problem. I´ll check it out as the PC3 is in the rehearsal place.

Guess I have to back everything up before I go for the latest OS?

My stuff will be wiped out right?

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

Guess I have to back everything up before I go for the latest OS?

My stuff will be wiped out right?

Yes, because it's best to do a hard reset after an OS update.

But it's just programs and setups, that'll only take a minute or two to save and then re-load later.

Archived