Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

impossible to save velocity curve and EQ settings in CP4?

lekanout

Hi guys and CP4 owners:

Is it possible to save independently in performance mode global EQ settings and velocity curve?

It seems EQ settings are global:

When you modify the EQ for a sound,last settings won't change when you select another performance.

It's so strange from yamaha to do like this:

Sometimes you need to program eq settings for a piano sound,and want another setting for an Ep or another sound...

It seems you can't save independant EQ sertings in a performance.

That's so stupid...

The same for velocity curve:

When you set a velocity curve for a piano,no matter if you change the sound or perf..it always stays at the same settings too..

That´s so stupid because sometimes you want a special velocity curve for a piano,and another for an ep(just an exemple..)

So what do you thonk about that?

Do i missed something?

Thanks for tour contribution.

Nord stage 2 EX88,Nord electro 5D,roland RD800,Roland FA08,Korg kingkorg,Korg PA4x,Yamaha PSR s970

Native instrument maschine studio et komplete 10.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your answer james.

In fact you can assign a eq effect in insert for a perf.

But that's not exactly the same as setting the five master EQ faders available on the right of the panel.

I had a problem because i made some settings in direct with the global EQ on a wurlitzer,and change for a piano sound.

I was surprised because my piano didn't sounds as good as in designed it.

So i discover the global EQ settings stay at the same settings than i've made for my wurlitzer..

It's a non sense for me.

How could you optimise these five faders when you have to play all these different sounds with the same EQ settings?

In my MOXf,i can tweak the EQ for a voice,and save it independantly(the same for a motif XF.

On a CP4,it seems you have to use a insert effect to put an EQ,and tweak it on a bad menu.

It's not so intuitive.

I'm absolutly happy with my CP4 for the pleasure i have to play its sounds(no problem,it's a very good sounding stag piano),but it's not an intuitive keyboard to tweak.

My RD800 is sooo far better!

(and it seems the kawai MP 11 and 7 are better too)

I think Yamaha miss something with ergonomy...

(and i'm a happy owner of 2 yamaha keyboards actually so i'm not trolling)

I hope yamaha will made an update to resolve this.

The same with velocity curve.

If i want to specify a special velocity curve for a piano,i have to play this setting for all the other sounds(like violins,brass.. etc etc)

It would be so simple and logical to save all these independant settings in a single performance.

Nord stage 2 EX88,Nord electro 5D,roland RD800,Roland FA08,Korg kingkorg,Korg PA4x,Yamaha PSR s970

Native instrument maschine studio et komplete 10.

Archived