Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Apple's new Logic Pro, Logic Express, and Soundtracks 1.2

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Johnny.

This could be a Godsend for me. I've always had trouble trying to get things from different manufacturers to work together. They always point fingers at each other. If most of this all comes from Apple, then I only have 1 company I have to call for help if I have a problem.

I'm gonna wait and see if it meets my needs, then I can keep saving up for a new Apple system.

BTW, is this Apple's PT killer everyone's been yammerin' about?

Originally posted by EXAGON:

All Logic plugins and instruments are included in the $999 price???

From Apples website;

Logic Pro 6 includes over 50 built-in effects that can be used on audio tracks, live inputs, virtual instruments, busses, auxes and outputs; and also fully supports Audio Units plug-ins. Logic's mixing system (including all plug-ins) operates at 32-bit float resolution, eliminating signal overloads and ensuring stunning audio quality.

Logic Pro 6 includes components previously sold separately. Now you don't need to worry about extending Logic's functionality. The ES1, EVP88, EXS24mkII, EVOC20, ES2, EVB3, EVD6 and Space Designer are all available right in the box.

Yorik

Stone In A Pond

"Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on."

I hear that for 199 bucks, no what version of Logic you have, will get you the complete new Logic Pro. That includes Sound Designer...I think that used to be 400 bucks for that alone. So it could be a great deal for some users.

As to this being the PT Killer DAW app, 64 bit built from the ground up, 2 years in development, and not a port of Logic, some people seem to think this is not it. We will have to wait and see how things shake out. Still it looks very cool. And you get a lot of stuff for the money.

Archived