Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I looked at pianos Tuesday while everybody was setting up.

Baldwin is right next to us. They have a red piano, and a blue piano. I guess they're coming next door to get the white piano from Young Chang?

There's one huge hall of pianos downstairs from us, which is like everybody, and anybody who has ever made a piano. Chinese pianos are everywhere.

Don't ask and I won't tell. DongBei Pianos, ever heard of them?

Yamaha, Baldwin, Steinway, and a lot of the other piano manufacturer's have seperatate rooms, because they need a lot of space.

Yamaha has been set up in the back of The Marriott for many years. They have all their stuff, including pro audio there so that's a must see.

More later.

S-zero,

Regarding the new V-Drums, I watched Steve from Roland give a demo, and I've got to say that they're awesome--much more expressive than the current crop. They're only $200 higher list than the current top of the line. Yes: sell your current V-Drums and get these, once they're available.

I dunno, I kinda thought there would a brand new 64-bit DAW, 2 years is development, not Logic or a port, but compatible and complementary. So I was kinda looking for something completely new. Don't get me wrong, you now get 12 packages or so in one bundle of Logic for 999 bucks. And it has a whole lot of depth.

Those new Roland V-Drums turned out cool, didn't they?

Originally posted by surfmonkey:

I'm not a Logic user but that Space Designer plug-in looked pretty cool. Is that completely new, or is that just a new feature that's bundled with Logic?

Space Designer was announced last Sept. It was seperate for $400 but now it's included along with damn near everything else from Emagic.

I dunno, I kinda thought there would a brand new 64-bit DAW, 2 years is development, not Logic or a port, but compatible and complementary. So I was kinda looking for something completely new. Don't get me wrong, you now get 12 packages or so in one bundle of Logic for 999 bucks. And it has a whole lot of depth.
It's still coming. In fact everything about the Logic Pro announcement points to Apple making large changes for Logic 6.5 or 7.0. There's nothing new in Logic Pro. In fact logistically it's easier for Apple to maintain just two version. Easier upgrades and sales. However the area of ProTools like functionality for Music Creation and Post Production is still a market untapped by Apple.

My prediction is that we have an announcement of this DAW before NAB in April or at the lastest at NAB. Apple rarely announces a product that they cannot ship within 30 days. This DAW probably shipped in schedule or it's awaiting the next Generation of G5's which should be coming soon.

Digi snapped up Bomb Factory I wouldn't be suprised to see Apple snap up a smaller Audio Developer soon as well. Everyone is positioning themselves and Apple has yet to play their full hand.

Yeah, and Apple has the cash, talent, and marketing horsepower to put it all together. Sound and movies, pure sound, pure movies, or any combo you can imagine. Control surface???Piece of cake for these guys. Fantastic interfaces? No problem! In house development vs. buying up an existing company??? Apple can do both at the same time.

There are all kinds of new gadgets coming out, analog FM broadcasts with a second digital channel, the tech is all gonna change very quickly. But if anyone can bring it all together, Apple can.

I'm beggining to see a pattern, at MacWorld SF they bring out Garage Band and Jam Pack, very cool but mostly consumer, at NAMM they bring out lowered priced Soundtracs and all-in-one packages of Logic which are compatible with Garage Band, so with a few more announcements, the entire range and field should be covered. Well see.

Sanewave is a 'for hire' engineering company -- basically outsourcing of engineering cycles. Recent clients include Tascam, Mackie, and Apple. I wouldn't read anything into these companies all utilizing their services. It just means that they are availing themselves of cutting-edge development resources.

Originally posted by WFTurner:

Is the windows version of the Motu Mach Five Sampler pluggin on display at NAMM?

Yes, I saw that. Although I'm not a Mach5 user so I can't give you any real info on it, but that was on display.
I have no homepage.

Are you looking for hardware or software from MOTU? Ah, Magic Dave has always been good about answering my dumb questions.

Cereal,

I thought the word was that any existing owner of Logic could get everything for 199 bucks. That's everything Logic makes in that bundle. I could be wrong, but if not, you are in a for a great deal.

Hope this helps. :)

thanks johnny

you're right about the $199. i've already got about $1,500 into logic but i still can't complain. sound designer, guitar amp and yet another cool synth are well worth a couple of bills.

get over there and try the guitar amp out if you get a moment. i've been really wanting logic to do this for a while.

:thu:

Archived