Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help find stolen Veena

Groove Mama

This poor guy had a rare instrument stolen. It's a pretty unique-looking instrument, so hopefully it will be easy to find. If anyone can lend him a hand, that would be great:

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm28/nhopp/HarryManxVeena_zps09c06a1c.jpg

Beloved friends, with a heavy heart I want to tell you all

that this morning at Chicago Ohara airport, while I was on

my way to retrieving my luggage, someone stole

my beloved Mohan Veena (pictured to the left of me).

Security cameras showed a man pick it up and walk out.

I've had that Veena more than 20years. There's hardly been a day that I haven't played it. I feel as though I've lost a good friend. I need everyone's help to find it. If you know someone in Chicago, tell them about it. Maybe it will surface on Craigs list or E-bay. Maybe in a music store or Pawn shop. There's no missing it. The Veena is in a Black Fibreglass Case with lots of stickers. And the Veena has 20 Strings, 2 layers of strings running parallel. It has tuning heads right down the neck. No other instrument looks like this. I'm grateful for any help. thanks Harry

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard him play Veena at the Port Fairy Folk Festival some years ago - he's a great performer and consummate musician, but for the life of me can't remember his name.

Ha - clue in the OP - it's Harry Manx

not the Veena but nice imho:

Epi EB-3

G-K Backline 600

2 x Eden EX112

I would think that's an almost un-pawnable instrument, especially now that it's been reported stolen.

I hope the scumbag does try to pawn it and gets some nice bracelets in exchange. My fear is he tosses it in a dumpster.

Push the button Frank.

I would have to think with this happening in Chicago that there are strong odds this instrument could wind up at Chicago Music Exchange. It seems too exotic for any run of the mill pawn shop to take in. And no doubt the guys at CME are tapped in and know about this particular instrument having been stolen, considering how much this post has made it around social media.

Obligatory Social Media Link

"My concern is, and I have to, uh, check with my accountant, that this might bump me into a higher, uh, tax..."

Archived