Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Considering a Roland e 35, is it a vintage kb worth getting?

MrSpliff

Hi Everyone,

I found a Roland e35 series keyboard on sale via Craigslist.

My question is, is it considered vintage and worth buying? (Price is $119).

I've tried to find information on it and haven't been able to find much about that specific model other than the fact that it came out in '93 or '94.

Thanks for your thoughts.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really highly collectible, IMHO, but if you're looking for a practice keyboard with a few sounds to play around with, it's a good buy.

CLONK for specifications.

Hardware

Yamaha MODX7, DX7, PSR-530, MX61/Korg Karma/Ensoniq ESQ-1

Behringer DeepMind12, Model D, Odyssey, 2600/Arturia Keylab MKII 61

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

Thank you.

Another option I have is a Casio WK-500 with a keyboard stand included for $150. Since the Roland isn't relly a good vintage keyboard I assume the Casio is a better deal?

I used to play keyboard years ago and I want to pick it up again.

I was looking for something used yet decent to tide me over until theBehringer Motor 61 , or the Alesis VI61 come out. I thought if I bought a standalone keyboard I'd have something I could still have a use for once I get a midi controller board.

Thank you.

The WK will be a better deal--the sound is better, plus you'll have more playing room with an extra octave-and-a-half of keys.

Hardware

Software

Studio One/V Collection 9/Korg Collection 4/Cherry Audio/UVI SonicPass/EW Composer Cloud/Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian/IK Total Studio 3.5 MAX/Roland Cloud

I found a Roland e35 series keyboard on sale via Craigslist. My question is, is it considered vintage

Vintage? No.

Now this is a vintage Roland: :laugh:

http://www.dannychesnut.com/Music/Roland/Jupiter8/jup8.jpg

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Or this...

http://31.media.tumblr.com/ed48288061b8e18e05091af4d77918ec/tumblr_mjwywkn3wa1s461l2o1_500.jpg

Hardware

Software

Thanks guys, glad there's a place I can go to talk to those that know!

I'm just antsy to get a keyboard again and to start kicking it!

Side note-I tried guitar, acoustic and electric. The problem is that most of the music I listen to has more keyboard and synth use rather than any type of guitar. I wish I still had my M-Audio Pro-Keys keyboard :(

Funny, that System-700 controller reminds me of the newer A-series or the RD-64.

Hardware

Software

Archived