Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help with getting back into guitar..

ChewisLewis

There are times when I pick up my guitar and play during TV commercials. It gets me into a mindless scale vibe until the show comes back on...and once in awhile, I hit on something different and forget about the show I was watching. I was just doing this last night and at the end of the Jay Leno show (he usually brings out a guest band) I found myself practicing my scales/improv with the band again. SNL is another show that provides a good workout...

ps. it's the only way I get to play with the stars!

Take care, Larryz

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey, the more you play something, the sooner you get tired of it and want to learn something else, and learning something else gets you a little further down the road. I stand by what I said, play, play, play and play some more.after that. Of course, having a planned course of study is the most efficient way of amassing knowledge, I'm not running that down. But the best course of study in the world won't get you much if you don't PLAY...

I don't disagree with you, Picker. I thought my last post was a re-enforcement of that.

Let me make it clear that I'm NOT saying anybody was wrong here. It was ALL sound advice. Just stating that I'm not sure some of it may be neccessary in the OP's course of intended achievement.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Archived