Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Soon to be NCD!

Wally Malone

Some of you may be aware that I've been looking for an Accugroove Tri110 for over a year now. Everytime one came up for sale on Talkbass I was too late and it was already sold. This past week there were five of these for sale on TB. The one I'm getting from Rob was at one time Todd Johnson's. Rob is Todd's tech guy for his electronic learning methods. You can see the dialogue on the thread where this one weighs less than the Tri110L.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/2-accugroove-tri110s-1030523/

It is scheduled to arrive sometime on Tuesday and look forward to using it with my GB ShuttleMax 9.2 and different basses. Then combine it with my Accugroove Tri112L to see how they both sound with a 4 ohm load.

Wally

I have basses to play, places to be and good music to make!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has arrived! I have a few things I need to do and later this afternoon will unpack and put it through the paces. I've fulfilled the photo requirement at the beginning of the thread.

Wally

Yesterday I got to take it through the paces. I played my URB, MIM fretless Jazz, P bass and J bass and A/B'd all with both the Tri110 and Tri112L. When using the ten alone I needed to do a little tweaking of the EQ but not much but did have to add some volume. Played together it is a big sound and have to turn down. My wife was complaining since I was shaking the upstairs. I can actually carry these cabs one in each hand. I'm happy with this move and it gives me another light weight choice and there will be situations where the ten will be fine alone.

On a good note, I talked to Mark Wright last week and Accugroove will be at NAMM this year. So if you heard they may be coming back, they are.

Wally

I'm going to a friend's house today and do some playing. I decided to just take the Tri110 and see how it works. I'll be taking the URB and the fretless since we'll be playing jazz standards. I'll post afterwards as to how it went.

Wally

It worked out great. It took me a couple of tunes with a few minor EQ tweaks, a little more volume and it sounded good. The only minor thing that happened was near the end I was getting a minor background pulsating sound coming from my fretless. I was using an A/B pedal and it would go away when going to the URB. I couldn't hear it when playing the fretless only when it was the active bass. I tried it the next day and the sound was not there. I did plug in the A/B pedal and tried both cords to rule that out. The only thing I didn't do was plug something into the A side at the same time. Maybe I should do that before ruling the pedal out all together.

All in all, I'm happy with the cab and see it being used in a number of situations, especially those playing with a small unit at not outrageous volumes. The URB sounds really good. When I got home and played it I just turned the volume down and it sounded better than the EQ I had before going out and playing with another musician.

Wally

• 2 weeks later...

After having for a little while now and knowing the weight difference of the Tri-112L & Tri-110 is only five pounds and the cab has only a two inch difference I figured out how to choose when only taking one. The ten is a little tighter and the twelve opens up a more and I'll analyze the situation each time and if it is a lower volume gig, with no drummer take the ten and if the gig is a little harder hitting take the twelve. Of course if requires more I can always take both.

Wally

• 2 months later...

Kicking this thread back up since there will soon be another new cab day. My Accugroove Tri-112 that is one of the originals sold yesterday and I have a new Accugroove Wedgie coming that I'll be able to pick up in about a week.

http://www.accugroovellc.com/#!bass--keyboards/c14er

Looking forward to this 29 lbs of goodness!

Wally

Archived