Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Paul's Wurly

Jazz+

I have a Wurli 140 B.

I had a 140b about 10 years ago... bought it on Ebay. Got it all fixed up by Vintage Vibe - they basically rebuilt the amp, installed a very quiet (noise-wise) line-out, fixed the tremolo. It sounded great. But it didn't have the '200' sound.

I later sold it (for WAY less than I'd put into it), and began the quest for a 200/200a, because I wanted THAT sound. I eventually found a 200. However, the 200's output was very noisy, even after having it serviced. I ended up selling that one, too. It ended up just sitting un-played most of the time, because it was so noisy, I couldn't really use it.

In retrospect, I should have just kept the 140b.

Stuff and things.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know... I think I prefer the 140 B sound to the 200. At least I do with this one, but it could have a lot to do with who serviced it.

At least acoustically I will take the 140 B. It has more power. For recording all I have to do is put a mike on the speaker. It sounds very fat and full on its own, and has a bit more Wurli "honk" than I recall from either of the 200's I used to use.

I got fed up with the noise out of the 200's also. The amp in the 140 seems a lot more stable than those 200's with all that scratchy static crap that both of them had.

Archived