Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Way to record sound card output

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it all depends on the card. what card are you using? also what software are you using? you mentioned 'wave output' so i assume you have a PC. is there a little yellow speaker icon in your system tray? if so, double click on it and go to the recording mixer. i know that soundblaster cards give you the 'what you hear' option in the recording control. if you select that then it will record what comes out of the speakers. it's different for other cards, on my laptop (ESS), if you select 'mixer' in the recording control, it does the same thing. otherwise you'll have to loop the signal from your output back into your input which can get pretty messy. hope this helps. if you need anymore help on this, let me know. G
0096 2251 2110 8105

I have an SBlive Platinum, but I have upgraded it to the ASIO drivers so I no longer use that little yellow speaker. Where would I find it on my computer? (maybe I can still use it and its only disabled) Thanks for your info Dave

Depends on your OS, Win98 I believe you get to it through control panels-> multimedia-> advanced. Win2k, go to control panel-> Sounds and Multimedia -> Audio "tab" -> Volume. What kind of file are you trying to output to a wave? If it is a .mp3, you can use the output of winamp to output a wav file. But if it's a .ram realaudio file, I believe you'll have to go through more hoops.
Who keeps moving my chair?

[quote]Originally posted by KikkyMonk: [QB]Is there an easy way to record the output of the soundcard without leaving the computer? That is can you simply record the wave output? [QB][/quote] There sure is! Simply route the audio output to your cards' S/PDIF output and then setup a new track in your recording program to record from the S/PDIF input. Depending on how the SB Live's routing works, you might have to physically route a S/PDIF Cable from the input to the output, but this process should in theory make a digital copy.

[quote]Originally posted by KikkyMonk: [b]I have an SBlive Platinum, but I have upgraded it to the ASIO drivers so I no longer use that little yellow speaker. Where would I find it on my computer? (maybe I can still use it and its only disabled) Thanks for your info Dave[/b][/quote] it's probably in your start menu somewhere. goto programs, accessories, and multimedia or entertainment (depending on OS) and then click on 'volume control'. if you can find the mixer, go to the recording controls and select 'what you hear'. if you still cant find it, click on start, then click on run. then type in sndvol32. sdnvol32.exe is the mixer program. you should be able to select the 'what you hear' option in the recording control. good luck G
0096 2251 2110 8105

Archived