Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer X-32 or Presonus Studiolive..?

Tobias Åslund

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Joe - thanks for being here...we appreciate your input.

ivorycj

Live Rig: Kurzweil Forte 7 driving MacBook Pro M1Max w/64GB RAM | Korg Kronos 2 73 | Roland RD-64

Studio Rig: Yamaha CP88 driving same MBP | Roland D-70 | Synth Spa Roland Juno-106 | Yamaha DX7IIFD

• 1 month later...

I own both boards. Here is what I think...

Presonus...

The good - Super easy to learn, Sounds great! Presets are great, making quick setup very possible. It is by far the easiest digital board to learn. Every engineer that has run mine or the first time was impressed. The Capture software rocks... If you like analog, presonus is laid out most like analog.

The bad - the faders do not hold up. I have two 16.4.2 consoles. One needed new faders already... The second is not far behind... When they mess up...it wrecks your show! I haven't had my 24.4.2 long enough to have any problems. The iPad app needs a computer to work. It does work, but to me it's a hassle, but that is my opinion. Others love it. The good outweighs the bad. I LOVE the StudioLive!

X32...

The good - sounds awesome!!! I belive it sounds better than ANY Yamaha console. I used an LS9 and owned an O1V... Motorized faders are very useful. Total recall, even mic pres. If you do the same shows, this can be a major time saver. Tons of effects that sound very good. Behringer did a great job of making this board as uncomplicated as possible. S16 stage snake... One Cat5 cable instead of a 40 channel snake is a no brainer! Did I mention it sounds awesome???

The bad...

It's intimidating to get going. I haven't had mine out on a gig yet, and I'm nervous. No channel presets. I wish there was "snare", "male vox", etc... In a library. They exist for effects, but not for EQ settings... Once you get them saved, you'll have them.

I like behringer equipment. I have personally not had any trouble with it. I quit using it because it was unacceptable for riders. I'm taking a chance... Too many are buying these consoles for them not to get noticed. I'm banking on that...

Ahh...There's nothing like the sound of a perfectly dialed in kick drum through my PA... BOOM!!!

Archived