Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

bucket list item about to be checked off.

rumpelstiltskin.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd probably walk over to the wall of basses and ask to try out a brand I've never seen a store before.

While you're in Pioneer Square you could walk around the corner to Emerald City Guitars. The Underground tour is lots of fun.

And you'll be in walking distance of the International District (formerly Chinatown) which has a supermarket and food court you will not believe.

Consult your spending abilities as well as who would give you give you grief about what is spent. Wrap your credit card with a piece of paper that lists what you can spend and put another sheet of paper below it with the MAXIMUM you can spend and don't go over that by more then 20%.

Remember, when you are a guest, a few pleases and thank you's pay off in the long run. Do you have a headphone amp? The annoying guy never gets the best deals.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

I hope this doesn't mean you're soon to kick the bucket.

I would decide what your spending limit is and then take as much time as you need to be there. Also, if nothing moves you, don't feel bad about walking out empty handed.

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

OK, I'd check out speaker cabs. Specifically an Aguilar/Bergantino 1X12 comparo.

been there, done that. bought the bergantino. but i will see if i can get some time on an EBS or a tec amp. it will be complicated by having a 15-monh old boy with me. we might do more looking than actual touching.

it will be complicated by having a 15-monh old boy with me.

I had a hard enough time with my wife in tow. ;)

Tried to meet up with Brian but it didn't work out.

Ended up doing what JC suggests and just picked up an axe I'd never played before and had (5 minutes of) fun.

Don't forget to buy a t-shirt and bumper stickers!

(In the bigger scheme of things we did have much more fun at Olympic National Park, so the abbreviated visit to Bass NW was justified. This time.)

i walked by this morning exploring the neighborhood and saw this one through the window:

http://www.bassnw.com/images/Used%20Basses/Spellbinder%20Prototype%20Ash%204.jpg

I'd highly prefer the dog dick blue G&L.

^^That one seems to be shy a couple strings.

Push the button Frank.

Sort-of OT, but:

Robb, from one nerd to another, try to get to the EMP Museum while you're there (may be tough with the little one). I went to the sci-fi section several years ago when it was a separate museum and it was a lot of fun. The music/pop culture side looks decent, too.

"Of all the world's bassists, I'm one of them!" - Lug

I'd highly prefer the dog dick blue G&L.

^^That one seems to be shy a couple strings.

i would, too. this one has all the strings it needs, and i didn't notice until i was there that the pickups are lane poor. still, not very compelling.

they also had a warwick jonas hellborg signature full stack. the preamp and amp were retail $2699, but they said they'd sell me both for that.

it was good to see tater nuts. good guy. he was selling a DB680 preamp with stewart world 1.6 power amp in a rack case. apparently he doesn't use it much with the mesa 400+ two 215s.

Archived