Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Chick Corea Rhodes Set for Motif?

Jazz+

I have not heard about this Chick Corea Rhodes set for the Motif (June 2012). How is it? Is it better than "Vintage '74" ?

What's the best Rhodes in hardware these days? I stopped following it the past few years, I left off at Roland's SRX-12 expansion board and Yamaha's Vintage '74.

http://yamahadownload.musicradar.com/yamaha-mark-motif-10th-anniversary-with-exclusive-chick-corea-sound-set-bundle/

Harry Likas was the Technical Editor of Mark Levine's "The Jazz Theory Book" and helped develop "The Jazz Piano Book." Find 700 of Harry’s piano arrangements of standards for educational purposes and jazz piano tutorials at www.Patreon.com/HarryLikas

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kronos Rhodes is okay but is a bit too clean and the attack isn´t authentic for me. I find that I prefer the sampled ones in the Kronos instead... I know... I am a 'bad' lad...

I know Busch released his MkV sample set for the Kronos 2.0 and I am gonna check that out this weekend.

Best to be just polite and help posters where necessary i.e. the function of a forum... :idea::)

Is that what the function is? ;)

It's just that Rhodes and Wurli sounds have been discussed so much in recent months that searching for those threads shouldn't be that difficult, even with the limitations of the search engine. And I know this Corea sample has been discussed before. Jazz+ and others (I'm not singling him out) have been on this forum long enough to know what's up. Don't be lazy; do some research first before you :deadhorse: . :idea:

:snax:

Archived