Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RD700GX won't boot up.

ArnoldLayne

Mornin'

Got to the show last night and hauled gear across a boardwalk, past the fancy yachts to the outdoor grassy stage area we played opening up the fireworks. About 900 degrees and 5,000% humidity...

Fired up the rig and my RD shows "ROLAND" on the LCD but never boots up. Almost 2 years old without any prior issues.

I would just like to know if anyone has any ideas or information on this issue or maybe even a quick fix? I didn't see anything in the manual.

I'm also playing Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I'm trying to get a solution prior to that. I'm calling the store I purchased to see if they have a loaner - my sounds are backed up.

Right now it's at home in the AC which I'm hoping (long shot) will bring it back to life but I'm at work right now and will try it when I get home.

Thanks.

Mike

Prophet 6, '38 Hammond BC, HR40, 2 Leslie 760's, Prophet 08 PE, RD700GX, Ensoniq E-Prime, SCI Pro-One, TX-7, CP80, Arturia VI's

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a matter of fact, yes I am. The first thing I did when I noticed it wouldn't boot was shut it off and remove the thumb drive.

How did you get it back working?

Since then it has been switched on/off a hundred times. It's at the local store where I purchased it, right now. The tech tried to call Roland for a possible hard reset process but they denied his dealer authorization number after passing him back and forth a couple times to the same people.

He then called another tech who knew more about these and finally did get a procedure for this but it did not work.

They prepared me for the worst and gave me an XV-88 loaner.

I can't believe this...

Prophet 6, '38 Hammond BC, HR40, 2 Leslie 760's, Prophet 08 PE, RD700GX, Ensoniq E-Prime, SCI Pro-One, TX-7, CP80, Arturia VI's

I got the good news/bad news from the shop.

Bad news:

Motherboard is fried.

Good news:

Roland is covering it out of warranty...

Looks like I have to get that Jupiter 50 to show my appreciation

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Ughhh...

more good news/bad news...

Good news first this time: I got my RD back and it only cost me $76! (Thank you Keyboard World)

Bad news: My sounds are backed up via sys ex bulk dump and I can't find a way to load them back in!?

More reading in the manual reveals I should have been saving "set-ups". I can see easily how to save and load those...now.

Anyone know (while I am still trying before the gig tonight...) how to do this? Maybe my set-ups aren't even saved! Am I screwed?

Mike

Archived