Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Can we do that

simus35

I have a question.

first no problem to do this(ex:guitar connect to the eq stomp box and connect to amp) but can we do this(guitar connect to amp and amp connect to eq stomp box connect to the cab)

i know is little bite strange but can we to this or is a big no no

thanks again

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have a question.

first no problem to do this(ex:guitar connect to the eq stomp box and connect to amp) but can we do this(guitar connect to amp and amp connect to eq stomp box connect to the cab)

i know is little bite strange but can we to this or is a big no no

thanks again

It surely will completely overdrive the stompbox, not just nice distortion but likely to the point that it simply shuts down or blows a chip. This could possibly damage the amp as well. An amp puts out several volts of signal, depending on level, while stomp boxes are designed to handle several millivolts. That much current will burn something pretty quickly & let all the built in smoke out of the circuit. A standard resistor in an active circuit is rated at 1/4 watt. Your amp puts out, what, 25 watts, 40 watts, whatever. Don't do it.

Scott Fraser

the amp have no loop effect i ask this because on the clean is too fu.... bright and i want to find something to get a better eq setting in my amp.

i forget the amp is 43 years old tube amp

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

if the amp is too bright, do NOT connect it to an eq then a cab, unless you put a reactive load between them like a ps systems power tool, or a palmer speaker emu or even one of them marshalls.

you could use a power soak, too, but probably wouldn't like it.

best bet is simply to turn down the treble to make it less bright, particularly on your guitar.

thanks for all the info

Is just hard to setup this amp because is the first time i have this can of amp (lifco amp a clone of the traynor YBA-1) is not like the new tube amp we have on the market today. i like the saturation the amp do but when i want a clean sound is hard to find a good setting with the master volume in the back of the amp(this is the only place we can put the master volume) and play with both volume 1 and 2

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Weird; what happened to my previous post here, several replies back? Anybody seen a suspiciously off-topic reply on another thread concerning THIS thread's topic?

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Weird; what happened to my previous post here, several replies back? Anybody seen a suspiciously off-topic reply on another thread concerning THIS thread's topic?

Caev's in a hell of a hurry to be the first MP'er to 20K... He's having a hard time keeping track of which threads he's posting what to... :D

Caev's in a hell of a hurry to be the first MP'er to 20K... He's having a hard time keeping track of which threads he's posting what to... :D

:facepalm::D

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

thanks for all the info

Is just hard to setup this amp because is the first time i have this can of amp (lifco amp a clone of the traynor YBA-1) is not like the new tube amp we have on the market today. i like the saturation the amp do but when i want a clean sound is hard to find a good setting with the master volume in the back of the amp(this is the only place we can put the master volume) and play with both volume 1 and 2

hey bro, if ya LIKE the saturation of the amp, but it's too bright, just turn down the treble.

as for the tone, you probably have the gain/preamp dimed, and the master volume barely on, right?

that's where the trebly fizzy sound comes from..

that's your problem. in order for it to work right, never let your preamp volume be more than 3 numbers MAXIMUM higher than your master volume.

try it and say....

now, avec francais...

hey bro, si tu LIKE la saturation de l'ampli, mais il est trop clair, il suffit de tourner vers le bas le niveau des aigus.

que pour le ton, vous avez probablement le gain / préampli Dimed, et le volume maître à peine, non?

c'est là que le son provient de triplement pétillante ..

c'est votre problème. pour qu'il fonctionne correctement, ne laissez jamais votre volume de préampli plus de 3 numéros MAXIMUM supérieur le volume de votre maître.

Essayez et vous verrez ....

thanks again for the info pinkjimiphoton i will try this

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

hey bro, i forgot...if ya want it CLEAN when ya do that, simply turn down your guitar~

if it doesn't get clean enough, use either a compressor (which may help)

or a fuzzface (believe it or not!!)

again, avec francais:

hey bro, j'ai oublié ... si tu veux nettoyer quand ya ce faire, il suffit de tourner en bas de votre guitare ~

si elle ne reçoit pas assez propre, utiliser un compresseur (qui peut aider)

ou un fuzzface (croyez-le ou pas!)

Archived