Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

newest pedalboard variant

pinkjimiphoton

http://i605.photobucket.com/albums/tt137/pinkjimiphoton/421058_3011881748967_1620235552_260.jpg

fuzzface, toneblaster (my hybrid tonebender, it's on the forum in demo/vero), wah that RG Keen walked me thru 12 years ago via email ,klon(e) with boost, hash browns flanger, clone(d) theory, nova delay, and an SHO to make it LOUD when i need to. yummy fuzzy goodness...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wanted something i could tweak with my foot, and in one of my junk boxes there were the three speed knobs. the one closest to the switch is set a little higher, that's the depth knob, so i can tweak it with my foot.

lol...i know.. i may replace the sho with a boss harmonizer and a different sho in a much smaller box. i like the sho cuz it just kicks whatever is in front of it into the amp, hard and LOUD.

keyboard guy's pa system too loud? trying to solo, but their horns are burying you (i have some experience in this)? not with a super hard on on your board. brilliant design by zach vex, a couple components, and you got the loudest thing in the room when ya need to. crackle is indeed ok.

+1 on the Gibson knobs...very cool and compact set up :cool:

you can get an ungodly number of sounds out of it, and it's great for hendrix kinda stuff. you can turn your guitar off with all the pedals on at once and just play THEM with your wah if ya want to. it's pretty sick. there's a second board too, but i rarely use it...it has a formant pedal, another echo/looper, and another sho for when it needs to be LOUD...the whammy pedal i just bought may go there.

undecided...thinking about building a huge board into a stratocaster case.....

What is the second stomp switch on the Clone Theory for?

the switch in the middle kicks the effect in or out. i have this wired so the second out of the clone is always on, i just have a switching jack that shorts it to ground if it's not plugged in so i don't get any noise from it in bypass. that way i didn't need a 4pdt switch, or have to use a clinton bypass....err...millenium bypass, a way of getting true bypass with just a dpdt switch. R.G. Keen (visual sound guru, and host of geofex.com) invented it, it uses a field effect transistor and a couple parts to give ya a true bypass with an led. that's really how i SHOULD have wired it, but i figure if i did run it stereo, i'd just leave it on on the second amp.

the second switch replaces the slider switch on the original unit that let you choose between chorus/vibe or flange/vibe.

the knob on the upper left lets you then pan between the effect alone or the dry signal mixed in...a chorus or flange with no dry signal is a vibrato.

+1 on the Gibson knobs...very cool and compact set up :cool:

undecided...thinking about building a huge board into a stratocaster case.....

I think they make a double Strat case so you might consider the bottom half for your pedals...walk out on stage and remove the Strat from the top half...and you could make the top half removable until the show is over... :idea:

Take care, Larryz

i have a molded strat case that was gutted and fitted with a pvc pipe assembly/board that fits inside and can be tilted that pete from smokin' herb gave me. if i velcro the whole top of it, i got plenty of room to stick pedals, including a pair of roland guitar synths...one on top, and one on the underside of the board with all the wiring and cabling stuff midi'd as a slave.

the top has lift off hinges, too...it's a nice set up, take the top lid off, pick up on the back of the board and tilt the legs down, and it's a real thing of beauty. plug a couple things in, DONE.

but...it's a project, and a good sized one...cuz i'd have to built a filtered power supply that gives me 9,12,15 and 18 volts for the various pedals, and i'd have to buy some parts and a buttload of industrial velcro. so that will come in time.

i used to use two p-bass cases, one for guitar effects, the other for guitar synths...and had the midi controllers and shit on the other side, so i was surrounded on three sides just by pedals and controllers. it was fun, but insane!!!!

i like things simpler now...where it doesn't take three racks, 4 cabinets, a couple heads and a leslie to work, lol..

but....i DO like the way you think bro.

;)

Archived