Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

i got another amp update with pic

simus35

i got a pretty old amp in very good condition. this amp was made in Canada montreal Lifco model 1000 blackface made in 1970 a clone of the Traynor yba-1( clone of a clone of the bassmaster) a plexi amp with a Kustom cab 4x12(8 ohm) with celestion super 65 speaker. i got this in trade( i trade my Bugera 1990 head with is 4x12 cab bugera) some people with said you are crazy but this plexi clone made 1970 is better than my bugera 1990 made in china. now i got the sound of the 60 and 70 :rawk:http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt34/simus35/DSC00481.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt34/simus35/DSC00480.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt34/simus35/DSC00479.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt34/simus35/DSC00483.jpg

sorry for my english i'm a french Canadien

fender 65 Twin Reverb reissue

Fender Stratocaster 1999 MIA

Fender Stratocaster 2013 MIA

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is the Québec version of the of the traynor yba-1 make in Montreal and this company make amp for other company too

don't get fool by the second picture the transfo is ok and i know on the pic is look like strange

this the war between Québec vs Ontario during this time and i think the war never stop

the guy i think he make some mod because he put el34 inside and this amp use to run with 7027

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Yeah, if it does justice to the old Traynor YBA-1 Bass Master head, it'll be a cool amp! I have a 1966 YBA-1 head and it's not for sale! :cool: Your amp looks a lot like mine in many ways, inside and out.

The original '60s/'70s Traynor YBA-1 was really pretty much a disguised version of the 50 watt Marshal "plexis" crossed a bit with some Hiwatt designs, for the most part; came with a pair of 6CA7's (EL34's can easily be used instead), and they changed the names of some of the controls and called it a "bass amp".

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

i have only one more question. how we can remove the cigarette smoke odor on a cab and the case of the amp

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

i have only one more question. how we can remove the cigarette smoke odor on a cab and the case of the amp

Try a cloth lightly dampened in some warm water with "Dawn Plus Odor Eraser" dish-soap, followed by cool, clear clean water. Don't get too much water on it, and don't get it in the amp or controls or the speaker. The leave it drying with a fan blowing on it for a while.

If that's not enough, try some of these things like Fabreze or Lysol; again, carefully, sprayed first on a cloth and wiped on.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

thanks for the info

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

now is time the mod this monster

what you sugest more like the fender or more like the jtm 45 Marshall or just change the volume pot for 1 meg and get a master volume. Do you have some sugestion to mode this monster, because is same as the Traynor YBA-1 68

thanks again

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

I can't wait to see my amp in few week. i just send to my amp tech to make some tweak on my amp. because this amp never get any mod, only the power cord that was change to 3 pong.and you know those amp are not room friendly when we pass the volume number 2 past 2 is to fucking loud and to bright too. i can wait what my tech guy will do and when i will receive i will do a short video of this little monster

Godin Artisan ST-5

Godin LG Signature

Seagull S6

Yes I love Godin guitar

Archived