Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

It was forty years ago today

kenfxj

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can understand the Bear Jew's comments about Plant's vocals, especially live, some of which I attribute to trying to preserve his voice while on tour. And Page, although a genius, really showed the effects of heavy drug use in the later years of Zep.

My favorites are the first two albums with the bluesier stuff, then again, the first few albums of most bands usually sound better to me. They are usually concentrated efforts of years of work done without the trappings of success. Houses of the Holy, even though it has two songs that I find irritating at times, will always be a part of me and my subconscious. As a tot, it was one of about six 8-tracks we had it was also one of the first CD's I bought, which was an investment at the time, so it got a lot of play at critical points in my life.

Ironically, the song Houses Of The Holy didn't make the cut for the album release. It got on to Physical Graffiti along with (if memory serves) The Rover and Black Country Woman, both of which also didn't make the cut and had to wait one album.

Push the button Frank.

No, because that has one less "g", due to the Bassoon typically only reaching down to a low Bb (and no lower).

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

Speaking of the Black Country...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_x7L3SHdRI4A/TOSNFgzIb5I/AAAAAAAAAKs/QyV-zLzj9co/s1600/4faggots.jpg

All we need are some mushy peas.

Any manufacturer, of anything, named Mr Brain's is ok with me.

Peace,

wraub

I'm a lot more like I am now than I was when I got here.

• 1 month later...

Archived