Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

yeah!!

Ross Brown

My son called tonight. He needs a bass player for a short gig tomorrow. My son said he will move from bass to drums and i play bass.... The guitar player, who is very good, asked him to see if his dad could play the gig.... I have played with him once before.... I guess I didn;t suck.
"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had fun last night. Turned out each act only got two songs to play. We closed the show and it went very well. The guitar player tore it up and the crowd seemed to like it a lot. Cool venue. It was a performance hall for a local college. Great acoustic room. Ampitheater style. My son and the guitarist thought it would be funny to make me a set list (see below) since I was by far the oldest musician playing last night. They were afraid I would forget which songs and in what order.... frickin' comedians.... I played more shows last year than they have in their whole lives.... whipper snappers...... (It was nice to be asked to fill in...). Guitarist did say it was nice to play with a pro bass player for once.... (my son is his regular bass player... hahahaha)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/jwisot01/1106110923.jpg

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Had fun last night. Turned out each act only got two songs to play. We closed the show and it went very well. The guitar player tore it up and the crowd seemed to like it a lot. Cool venue. It was a performance hall for a local college. Great acoustic room. Ampitheater style. My son and the guitarist thought it would be funny to make me a set list (see below) since I was by far the oldest musician playing last night. They were afraid I would forget which songs and in what order.... frickin' comedians.... I played more shows last year than they have in their whole lives.... whipper snappers...... (It was nice to be asked to fill in...). Guitarist did say it was nice to play with a pro bass player for once.... (my son is his regular bass player... hahahaha)

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k220/jwisot01/1106110923.jpg

That set list rocks! :D

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

I always enjoy the multi-generation thing. Leads to some interesting music and even more interesting conversations.

"...and so that's why "This Is Spinal Tap" is NOT a training video."

"No WAY, Big Hoss!"

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Archived