Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

a little help with a song please...

Ross Brown

On the song Take it Easy (Eagles). The last few chord changes after the oo oos (C and G chord)

There are some nice vocal harmonies on Gotta take it easy-y-sy, etc

The guitar chords change and seem to be G,F,C the vocals follow this the bass can follow this too but I hear the bass staying on the G on the recording what is it? Also, what is the last chord of the song?

At rehearsal the guitar player plays it well but we dont mesh well because I am playing as I hear the recording, etc he is playing those chords but perhaps with a different phrasing. We mesh if I play the G,F,C and I can do that happily if that is what it takes for us to sound good. I am just asking for infos sake. I know the Eagles have much more instrumentation going on too that is some of it perhaps thanks. I know some of you have played this song many times

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you.

I was waiting for others to add to it ... I want to go try what you suggested.. been busy... we are having Christmas in July today... house is decorated, presents to wrap...

I do appreciate your post.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

After the oohs, I hear the bass playing G/// then F with a G in the bass, then C.

The last chord is Em.

You are essentailly right. The guitar chords are G, G9, C. There is an F in the G9 chord but the bass plays G. Then walk up to the C. (Also works to stay on the G instead of playing C in the bassline). I bought the sheet music.

Last chord is Em.

Thanks!

Archived