Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

O.K., How About This?

Chad Thorne

26 glorious seconds of my band, "Poke Chop and the Other White Meats," at the Maine Blues Festival last year. We'll be there again tomorrow. I was sick as a dog that day, though I don't think you can tell...

[video:youtube]

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do the MBF every year. The owner of Freedom Cafe, Darrell, loves us and insists on it...:grin:

It was weird; maybe you've experienced this. I got up that Sat. morning with a "gastrointestinal ailment," and just felt like death on a stick. As soon as we started to play I perked up and felt better all the way through our set; as soon as the last note sounded. back to feeling awful. Adrenaline, maybe...

I had that after surgery once a few years back. They opened me up on Tuesday... hernia... 8 inch inscision. I played a gig on Friday. I walked in, plugged in, played... Wife and band set my stuff up for me. Wife handed me percoset on last note. I sat in car, they loaded my stuff and we went home. I felt fine while playing. Doc (friend of mine) was pissed.

Great stuff Chad!!

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Great stuff Chad!!
Thanks! Though to be fair we do a LOT of mid-tempo shuffles in A, so I'm pretty familiar with the territory. I've been known to start walking on an A symmetrical diminished scale just to break up the boredom. It actually sounds kind of hip sometimes, and also makes the guitar player think that he's gone out of tune...

Archived