Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Just bought a Mesa 50/50

Terrell

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For this, I've got a 4x12 tweed slant top marshall with greenbacks that I've cut into 2 2x12s. The reason I cut it in half is a long story, but it wasn't a wild hair...

I have a crap load of racked stuff I can use as the front end. I have a Kasha tube pre, a GP8, ProGap, Fireworx, PCM80, HD500, Pod Pro XT, pedals and blah blah.

Right now I'm having fun with the HD500 thing. So, I'll probably use it for that..

I was using 2 Valve Junior heads to run the 2x12 cabs. But, they don't have enough power to thump the cabs tightly.

Cool...the 50/50 should thump those cabs no probs! Is it 6L6 powered?

How's the HD500? Does it feel significantly better than the pod pro as per the hype? I have a 2.0 Pod that I use for some stuff.

Pro Gap!! I had one back in the day...naming your own patches was revolutionary!

Guitar Speak Podcast

www.guitarspeakpodcast.libsyn.com

https://www.facebook.com/guitarspeakpodcast

www.itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/guitar-speak-podcast

Cool...the 50/50 should thump those cabs no probs! Is it 6L6 powered?

How's the HD500? Does it feel significantly better than the pod pro as per the hype? I have a 2.0 Pod that I use for some stuff.

Pro Gap!! I had one back in the day...naming your own patches was revolutionary!

50 Watts per Channel, Class A/B Power / 4x6L6, 3x12AX7 with a 15 watt mode.

I still love the Progap. I've named every patch with a number 1-128. I mapped an expression pedal that sends the unit program changes instead of CC values. It is so anti glitchy (also revolutionary) that I can scroll all the way through the entire bank of presets without you even noticing it the patch change. So I had 128 preamp settings that I would glide through for my clean jazz, bright, chunk, all the way to thrash. Each transitioned morphed into the next by incremental values.

I'm trying to do the same thing with the HD500 using the dual tone mode. I can glide between the two amps from clean to crunch mix to dirty and eventually shred. The sticky part is that the HD500 runs out of DSP very quickly when running two tones. So, you can't really simulate two entire rigs with compression, amp, chorus, reverb and delay. VERY FRUSTRATING because it really sounds feels and plays realistic and it's cheap...

I plan to post some clips of it someday.

...the Progap...I mapped an expression pedal that sends the unit program changes instead of CC values. It is so anti glitchy (also revolutionary) that I can scroll all the way through the entire bank of presets without you even noticing it the patch change. So I had 128 preamp settings that I would glide through for my clean jazz, bright, chunk, all the way to thrash. Each transitioned morphed into the next by incremental values.

Very cool! :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• 2 weeks later...

I got it... I start opening it up and find that the left rack ear is completely bent backwards!!!!! GRRRRR!!!!! I think UPS dropped it. It has some seriously thick material so it must have a taken a pretty good punch...

I plugged it in and it sounds fine. Very ballsy!

Glad it sounds good, but I'd get it replaced by MESA/Boogie at their expense, shipping and all; you don't want to bank on its not being damaged and unreliable.

Oh- I forgot that you'd bought this used(?) off e-Bay, I was thinking that it was a brand-new one shipped from MESA/Boogie.

Archived