Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

question..where ya goin' ?

d  halfnote

Not sure what your definition of "BOB" is but where I come from when you're going to "talk to Bob" yer heading out back for a toke of enlightenment :D

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No future plans at this time other than playing for myself for enjoyment, pacticing, studying and hopefully getting into writing...and maybe doing a little recording to leave to my grandsons before my fretting hand gives out...but I really feel relaxed and have complete freedom and love to arrange songs and improvise...I only play with those that feel the same and no longer play under anyone's rules or conflicting philosphy... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

No future plans at this time other than playing for myself for enjoyment, pacticing, studying and hopefully getting into writing...and maybe doing a little recording to leave to my grandsons before my fretting hand gives out...but I really feel relaxed and have complete freedom and love to arrange songs and improvise...I only play with those that feel the same and no longer play under anyone's rules or conlicting philosphy... :cool:

+1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll bite.

After way too many years of just noodling by myself in the basement, I joined a band. I'm learning actual songs all the way through and playing with real people.

Where am I going? Out into the world.

I'll bite.

After way too many years of just noodling by myself in the basement, I joined a band. I'm learning actual songs all the way through and playing with real people.

Oh, Brown Eyed Girl and Mustang Sally, huh? :D

A Jazz/Chord Melody Master-my former instructor www.robertconti.com

(FKA GuitarPlayerSoCal)

I guess I should throw this in-there is a pianist who plays pretty much straight ahead jazz, which I have loved for an eternity. He always invites me to play-I think I wrote about this a while back-but I always tell him that I'm focusing on my original songs for now. Well this coming week I'm going to dip a toe in, I know it would be really good for me musically to play more jazz. He plays with an upright bassist who just kills, if I can keep up with these guys it will be a miracle. I'm trying to get 'Autumn Leaves', 'Song for my Father' and maybe 'Billy's Bounce'-LOVE the Eddie Jefferson version-in some kind of shape by midweek. He used to have a living/playing space in town, now he is based in Tokyo but plays here once a month or so. It's a really small, intimate place, basically the audience are all musicians.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

I thought long and hard about this question, and I think I finally have a correct answer.

I'm going on a beer run. Anyone need anything?

:D

A couple young hot gals whom are, let's say, morally questionable....

emphasis on a couple ;)

My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer

Ibanez 03 JEM7VWH

PRS McCarty Soapbar

Diezel Herbert 2007

Peters '11 Brahms Guitar

Byers '01 Classical

Hippner 8-Str Classical

Taylor 614ce

Framus Texan

Archived