Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

question..where ya goin' ?

d  halfnote

Yes, obviously derived from the concurrent "where ya from ?" thread but looking the other way...

No matter what yer current status of achievement, what are your goals for the future ?

Sometimes it can be reinforcement to go on the record abt plans, helping to initiate their realization...or so it says in Going On The Record To Initiate The Realization Of Your Plans & Goals

by my fave self-help auther, Duanette Yasef. :whistle:

Anywhat, I'll go 1st:

Having played music as a kid & then spending the years til the age of 35 as a self-supporting musician before gradually drifting into academia & other non-directly-musical fields, I took the wacky plunge in the current economy to devote the rest of my life (I'm figuring on the age of 127, at least) to doing what I shoulda done in the 1st place.

Owning the world through my sheer talent & inventiveness.

In this case, that means developing an online music marketing strategy that'll bypass most current norms for sales & "performing".

Whata you got ?

d=halfnote

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i gottsa plot in rockville ct i plan to un-sanctify with my pagan bones, after becoming a world-owning antichrist kinda guy that leads us out of the eons of darkness spawned by hatred and organized religions into the light of pure love.

and maybe squeezing in a 32nd note that don't belong there.

when i can.

making the world a fuzzier place.

stuff like that.

;)

I'm still trying to figure out how to become a self-supporting musishun. Maybe if I learn how to spell it right...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I'm still trying to figure out how to become a self-supporting musishun. Maybe if I learn how to spell it right...

I think the Dr John approved version is "mujician", a mix of music & magic but back to the point..

No takers on revealing future plans ?

Not even any comments abt "Duanette Yasef" ?

d=halfnote

future plans?

well i am tired of waiting for former band mates to commit to anything so i am trying to throw something together with a new bass player and drummer. both cool guys who are laid back.

as for me personally i am always writing and i would love to finally get a project off the ground and create a CD. i have a pile of new connections with fellow players who write and hope to collaborate with a few.

not to mention the dude who did a band Cd for us a few years back is now a short drive from my home and finally has his studio set up.

i get lots of jamming in with all my friends but i need to create so playing covers doesn't do it for me, but i don't avoid the opportunity.

don't want fame don't want money ..just want to carve my ideas in stone.

I don`t know-I think talking too much about plans can also make you feel like a real dizwicket if they don`t happen, or if they evolve into something else.

Well I am back in the studio tomorrow, my five-song project is getting into the final stages. One of those, plus one newer one that I`m just getting started on, are two that I hope will bring some attention my way. Later this year I want to record both, and maybe one more, with live music people in a `for real` type studio that I used for vocal tracks a few years ago (that is, a real drummer etc, not as in a recorded performence). I`ve worked with the main engineer at that place before, several songs on my soundclick site were recorded at his house. After they get recorded things are a bit less clear, maybe I can offer the as CD singles online but also press a few CDs for friends and other select folks, as collectors`s items. If the singles do well I`l try to avoid temptations, like a speedometer for my bicycle, and make a full CD.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

Don't know if it qualifies as a plan, but I've been working on a recording project that's still ongoing, while trying to keep up with the usual pile of life & work projects. I guess I plan to release the whole project as a CD, if "BOB" gives me enough Slack.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

I thought long and hard about this question, and I think I finally have a correct answer.

I'm going on a beer run. Anyone need anything?

:D

A couple young hot gals whom are, let's say, morally questionable....

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I thought long and hard about this question, and I think I finally have a correct answer.

I'm going on a beer run. Anyone need anything?

:D

A couple young hot gals whom are, let's say, morally questionable....

I think my wife has a couple models she works with that fit that description. You might have to relocate, but I'm sure we could get you hooked up with a gig around here somewhere... :whistle:

I don`t know-I think talking too much about plans...

You know what they say, if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

There's certainly something to be said for the idea of talk being not the same as enactment, as well as the, uh, Woody Allenish humor Scott (one of our more self-actulized forum-mates) has brought to the room but as Duanette Yasef wrote in chap. 7 of Going On The Record To Initiate The Realization Of Your Plans & Goals, gotta move beyond that.

d=halfnote

Don't know if it qualifies as a plan, but I've been working on a recording project that's still ongoing, while trying to keep up with the usual pile of life & work projects. I guess I plan to release the whole project as a CD, if "BOB" gives me enough Slack.

BOB?

Guitar Speak Podcast

www.guitarspeakpodcast.libsyn.com

https://www.facebook.com/guitarspeakpodcast

www.itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/guitar-speak-podcast

bob dobs, leader of the church of the subgenius. hey, cut me some slack. google is your friend. praise bob.

Man, does that take me back. I went through a big Subgenius phase about 30 years ago. Is it still going on?

Scott Fraser

Archived