Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New band name... need help

Ross Brown

Possible Band names  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Possible Band names

New band. Classic Rock, country rock and a little bit of blues. Also a few songs I dont know what to classify as

Feel free to make serious suggestions too, if you dont like these choices. Thanks.

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tricky business selecting a name. I think there might be a band name thread around here somewhere...

OK, just spitballing:

Cover Up is good but could lead to confusion about cover charges?

Electric Brew is good but I'd be expecting late 60's psychedelia.

Mary Janes Pocketchange sounds a bit like a Tom Petty cover band.

Poorhouse is good but perhaps a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Hey! How about Tricky Business?

Push the button Frank.

I voted for Poorhouse, just 'cause I think it rolls of the tongue easily and it captures a bit of our current zeitgeist in America.
"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

I looked a page after page of the "other thread". Some good stuff there. This is what the band came up with so far....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

I still think you need to incorporate the dog into the action. The dog's good people and deserves props for its canine contributions to the family dynamic. Pets always get short shrift.

How about "Ross Brown's Dog" or "Dogbone"?

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Poorhouse sounds all right to me. A lot of blues and country songs focus on the plights of being in the poorhouse so it kind of fits.

You guys have checked around to make sure these aren't names that people are using, right?

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"- George Orwell

Apparently you are not familiar with this thread:

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2030013/1

A veritable treasure trove of band names. I'm surprised you missed it.

I know this thread....I love that thread but it is a listing... this thread is a vote for particular names.

I still think you need to incorporate the dog into the action. The dog's good people and deserves props for its canine contributions to the family dynamic. Pets always get short shrift.

Peace.

--s-uu

Last night at rehearsal the dog ended up laying on the singers mic cord when she wasn't looking... we looked over when we thought the singing should come back in and she is tugging on the mic to try to get enough slack to get the mic up to her face. Ha! Good dog...

How about "Willie Dog"?

Tricky business selecting a name. I think there might be a band name thread around here somewhere...

OK, just spitballing:

Cover Up is good but could lead to confusion about cover charges?

Electric Brew is good but I'd be expecting late 60's psychedelia.

Mary Janes Pocketchange sounds a bit like a Tom Petty cover band.

Poorhouse is good but perhaps a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Hey! How about Tricky Business?

I have to agree with Ken even though I do like Electric Brew. There may be a dog related name on another thread.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

Poorhouse sounds all right to me. A lot of blues and country songs focus on the plights of being in the poorhouse so it kind of fits.

You guys have checked around to make sure these aren't names that people are using, right?

I check for local/regional bands. There is always a band somewhere with the same name as any other....

Peace.

--s-uu

Last night at rehearsal the dog ended up laying on the singers mic cord when she wasn't looking... we looked over when we thought the singing should come back in and she is tugging on the mic to try to get enough slack to get the mic up to her face. Ha! Good dog...

How about "Willie Dog"?

Or "Doghouse Poorhouse"?

Do not be deceived by, nor take lightly, this particular bit of musicianship one simply describes as "bass". - Lowell George

"The music moves me, it just moves me ugly." William H. Macy in "Wild Hogs"

Jerk Store.

You're welcome.

That would work well if you play at a seafood buffet. Besides, some wonderfully twisted mind used that in a thread you don't frequent some time ago. Then again, if Phil W. hasn't jumped on it in two years I guess it's fair game, which would make this reply irrelevant.

[video:youtube]

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

I kinda ruined the stats because I voted for both Cover Up (which I like) and none of these. While I find "none of these" a bit of a weird name and the lack of capitalisation threw me off for a second, I think it could work.

Oh and ehm, what happened to your original idea?

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

I hated Poorhouse least, but I still hated it.

I'm in a similar position right now, and I'm nor looking forward to the process we are eventually gonna have to go through. Naming a band is the worst part of being in one.

How about Electric Poorhouse?

Maybe a few off-the-cuff suggestions;

Ricochet

The Long Riders (yes, it was a movie, but I always thought that it would make a good name for a country/country rock band)

Whatever-your-chick-singer's-first-name-is & The Doghouse Dudes(or The Poorhouse Popes, Puppies or Paupers)

The Food Stamp Band(or The Poorhouse Band)

The Welfare Truckersªor The Poorhouse Truckers)

Cornbread Cadillac

Rimfire

The Revenooers

The Stumpjumpers

Dippin' Snuff

The Jethros

The Junebugs

Bluetick

White Lightning

The Back 40 Band

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

I hated Poorhouse least, but I still hated it.

I'm in a similar position right now, and I'm nor looking forward to the process we are eventually gonna have to go through. Naming a band is the worst part of being in one.

How about Electric Poorhouse?

Maybe a few off-the-cuff suggestions;

Ricochet

The Long Riders (yes, it was a movie, but I always thought that it would make a good name for a country/country rock band)

Whatever-your-chick-singer's-first-name-is & The Doghouse Dudes(or The Poorhouse Popes)

The Food Stamp Band(or The Poorhouse Band)

The Welfare Truckers

Cornbread Cadillac

Electric Poorhouse..... hmmm...?? maybe...

Red River and His Saddle Sores.

For background, on the Odd Couple that was the name Felix Unger's band -- The Sophisticatos -- played under when they were coerced to play a country gig.

Guest star was none other than Pernell Roberts, who played oldest brother Adam Cartwright on the TV western Bonanza.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Electric Roadhouse

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

Archived