Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Check out this cool new box

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Indeed, there's nothing new here. But it IS a convenient and powerful combination of current technologies in one box. The "open" software concept pushes the boundaries of the customizable "workstation" concept if you ask me. I can see it being a useful live tool. Why bother with a motif or triton sequencer, when you can use cubase as your onboard seq? :)

We discussed this one a couple weeks ago(inconclusive).The only thing unique is the touch screen accsess and their supposed 64 bit DAW software(who knows what that's like).As a builder myself,I'm skeptical of course on what particular Opetron(FX-51? 242?)what DDR,What chipset ect.ect. ect.Amd just announced a 40% price drop on Opterons and FX's and XP's which means their ramping up for the FX-53's to make sure Intel is dead and buried with the latecoming EE(Emergency edition :D )and non-exsistant Presscott.So,to overpay for a machine that's shipping Q4 with all these changes abound doesn't make much sense.To me it's nothing more than a DAW building company with a touch screen and a faint promise of a 64 bit DAW app.To be honest,as much as I like the power of the new Opteron FX's,I fail to see how any audio apps are going to benifit from 4-8gb memory addressing,nor do I see any true 64 bit DAW apps coming.I'm sure some will be advertised that way if you get my drift.
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

[quote] Every product from Open Labs come fully pre-configured and ready to use right out of the box. Pre-loaded with your products are many powerful software applications and plug-ins, which will provide a wide variety of powerful functions. [b]However, because our products are base on an OPEN STANDARD, you may install virtually any third party, Windows XP compatible software application and plug-in that you desire for unsurpassed flexibility and upgradeability.[/b] [/quote]Are they trying to say that WindowsXP is an OPEN STANDARD :confused: You Buy Wadded Paper Now, Dumb Dumb!

[quote]Originally posted by Johnny B: [b]Yes, these guys have several configs, but is everyone looking at the "box" with the 76-key synth-keyboard attached/built-in, the all-in-one solution for many composers/project studio owners? It's called the Neko64. [/b][/quote]Oh,that one.That was announced last year at one of the tarde shows.I guess it could come in handy for live gigs.Their newest product is the Opteron DAW with touch screen which is what I thought you were reffering to.In the words of Emily Litella....."Never mind" :D
"A Robot Playing Trumpet Blows"

Archived