Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Film Score Recommendations?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like an extremely interesting (and challenging) project... Is there a "theme" to the film that requires a string quartet, or would another small "combo" be just as well suited? Just curious as I have no very helpful suggestions... :wave:
Chris - "Been there, Done that"

[quote]Originally posted by tradivoro: [b]Nino Rota definitely has some scores done with string quartet... Nino rota music is readily available... Also, David Raskin scored some film wiht woodwinds and string quartet, you may want to look into that...[/b][/quote]Can you be more specific? Both of those guys scored a ton of films.
I have no homepage.

For inspiration, you may want to get a hold of a few Loreena McKennitt CD's. She has lots of very well written pieces written for various string combinations, including harp, violin, bass, button box, piano, even hurdy gurdy, that would work in film scores, and her music is very popular with those who know of it.

Living' in the shadow,

of someone else's dream....

The Road To Perdition Until The End Of The World Heat are all pretty darn good scores.

RobT

Famous Musical Quotes: "I would rather play Chiquita Banana and have my swimming pool than play Bach and starve" - Xavier Cugat

The Béla Lugosi version of 'Dracula' was recently re-released with a score by Philip Glass. The original version had no score, whatsoever. I believe that the Glass score was for string quartet.

The Black Knight always triumphs!

Archived