Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

One month down, 11 to go...

SteveC

Well, I almost made it 4 months.

And then almost another month. Do you have the Lakland in hand yet?

...so I got a Fender American Standard Jazz as my one and only bass. If there's a gig I can't cover with this, then I really suck.

Um...

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suck I guess 'cause this bass doesn't work very well for jazz gigs.

Should have the Lakland on Monday. No buyer for the jazz yet. It'll be tough I'm sure. Hopefully the Lakland will "hang" better and be a little more mellow. Probably try a Comfort Strap, too.

I give up.

:D

I almost have. I really just want to get a nice bass and play. I'm loving the 4 string and not missing the 5 much at all. Maybe the Lakland 44-02 With the rosewood board and active/passive electronics will do it for me.

• 1 month later...

Update - I'm a glutton for abuse I guess

Well, I have done a number of gigs with the Lakland 44-02. I really like the bass and am actually getting comments that it sounds good - as opposed to no one noticing anything good or bad.

The little "mini stack" of Shuttle 3.0-10T/10T Extension Cab is also sounding really good and getting some comments as well.

There are still times when I "think" I miss the B string, but really, everything sounds great and I like the feel of playing that 4 string neck.

So, while my initial "resolution" isn't in tact, I am down to one bass (sold 2, bought one) and still using a Genz Benz combo (with extension) so I feel the "spirit" of the "resolution" is in tact.

I still look, but not many basses tempt me right now. Everyone is happy, I have nice gear that is paid for and didn't break the bank, and I'm covering all my gigs to my and the band leaders' satisfaction.

6 months to go...

I still look, but not many basses tempt me right now. Everyone is happy, I have nice gear that is paid for and didn't break the bank, and I'm covering all my gigs to my and the band leaders' satisfaction.

6 months to go...

This is the only thing that matters. :)

-P

(up to 200 characters) You may use UBBCode in your signature.

I suck I guess 'cause this bass doesn't work very well for jazz gigs.

Should have the Lakland on Monday. No buyer for the jazz yet. It'll be tough I'm sure. Hopefully the Lakland will "hang" better and be a little more mellow. Probably try a Comfort Strap, too.

Huh, a jazz bass doesn't work for jazz gigs? :crazy: Please explain.

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

Best wishes to you Steve.

I had a 44-02D for a while - good bass, but I didn't care for the Duncans that were in it.

Bought one bass this year - my blue quilt fretless Roscoe. Only playing my Roscoes at this point (4 and 5 string fretted and fretless 4). Most of the others will be sold. Too many basses, not enough gigs.

Jim

Confirmed RoscoeHead

Archived