Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Needed! Does someone have a strobe tuner owners manual?

WillieBoy

I recently purchased a Planet Waves Desktop PW-CT-07 True Strobe Tuner and to my perpetual bad luck, there was no owners manual included. I attempted to contact Plant Waves twice and I never received a response. So.......

WANTED...... a copy or old manual. Any assistance would be greatly apprecaited. I'll be happy to pay for any mail or effort.

In advance, Thank You, Willieboy

willieboy@blueone.net

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Musicians Friend website:

The Desktop True-Strobe Tuner from Planet Waves is durable, reliable and spans virtually all tuning applications. The True Strobe or "Tru-Strobe" instrument tuner is extremely accurate+/- .1 centand sensitive. Use built-in microphone or 1/4" input/output.

The purest input tones yield the best results. Here's how to achieve optimal tuning:

* Pluck the string with a light to moderate stroke. Strings will usually go slightly sharp right after the initial attack. Excessive or heavy plucking of the string will increase this effect. Give the string a second to "settle" before tuning.

* Pluck the string with the flesh of your thumb. This will yield less harmonic information for the tuner to analyze then using a pick.

* Turn the tone knob of the instrument down. This again will roll off high-end harmonic details and input a more fundamental tone.

* Lower the volume of the guitar 30% to 50%. This will usually yield less harmonic detail and input gain.

* While coarse tuning look at the entire display for movement. When the action of the LED's begin slowing to a halt, look at the leading LED for movement and continue to tune until the LED stops in place.

Archived