Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

How did I quickly become an amp hoarder?

rizzo9247

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You have more amps than basses now?

Fixed it for you :)

I just picked the Eden up today and realized I don't own a bass to test it out! Rest assured, the UPS man will be delivering something tomorrow to hold me over until my MusicMan arrives from BassCentral later next week.

Oooooh! I'm not a huge wood-grain person, but that's really pretty.

Thanks! Unlike many woods, ash has a lovely grain.

I did get to play a little through each amp this morning all set flat and equal volume. The Eden really sounds amazing, lovely clean, deep tone. The Mesa in comparison brings the rawk as they say, great growly tube tone, but it can be scaled back for a cleaner sound as well. The GK, which is my 'big show' amp feels stuck in the middle of these two where it does not get the grit and tubey-ness of the Mesa, nor the 'cleanliness' of the Eden.

Playing in my current band, the Mesa is the perfect fit, but I can see myself using the Eden for certain things as well.

You can send the GK my way if you want ;)

The ATK should be nice. I played a buddy's ATK305 for a couple of gigs. Other than the weight, it was a nice bass. It was the honey color w/ maple fretboard, looked real good, sounded pretty cool.

The one thing my buddy had trouble with was his was eating batteries. At first I found out he was leaving it plugged in (I explained that plugging in a cord turns the preamp on) and he was reusing rechargeable batteries, which I don't think had as long of a life on them.

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"- George Orwell

.. the poor man's Stingray.

Isn't that the OLP model? (I wanted the peach Tony Levin model at one time but they quit making them before I set out to get a 5er.)

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"- George Orwell

I picked up my ATK 5-string via eBay on the cha-eep. It's a totally solid bass. Great rock bass. Mine's black. Yep, loud as all get out. And I haven't had any battery problems. Biggest issue is that it's pretty friggin heavy.

rizz, I'd consider trading a tobacco burst Carvin LB70 4-string w/ Bart guts and pickups for one of them thar amps...

Just sayin'.

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

This tendency has been in your subconscious for a long time. You clearly don't hoard basses (I hear that no bass enters your domain without a fedex pickup slip ready to go). So it had to be amps. You don't have room to hoard cabinets, and no one would care about mics or cables.

Best of luck!

Tom

P.S. Willie's Carvin is smooth.

www.stoneflyrocks.com

Acoustic Color

Be practical as well as generous in your ideals. Keep your eyes on the stars and keep your feet on the ground. - Theodore Roosevelt

I am sure that Carvin is as smooth as silk, but I think I've found my bass (shockingly), I am now on the amp-go-round. When my ebmm Bongo arrives next week it will be thoroughly tested through these heads both at home and full band settings. I will not be surprised if 2 of the 3 above heads are put up for sale (but I doubt the one SW wants...)

Archived