Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Ibanez BTB405QM

fingertalkin

Anybody know anything about these basses? Good and bad. The one I am looking at is 5 strings with passive pups but an active eq. The price is right and it looks to be in good shape, but I can't play it. I hate to buy unplayed but they got good reviews at harmony central and I am possibly getting it for a good price so I will probably pull the trigger.

I was just hoping that someone out there has one or has used one and can give some feedback.

Thanks!

How do you sign a computer screen?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was my main axe until I got the 6 string Yamaha and later the 5 string Fender.

My take? Excellent bass. Yes it is a tad heavy but nothing a good wide strap won't cure. The neck is wide but thin and even with my girlishly small hands I was able to get around it real easy. The eq makes for a very versatile tonal palette and it is an excellent bass for slapping too.

Buy it :thu:

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

Seriously, I love this bass. Drove halfway across the country to get it (cos I thought it was pretty) and have never regretted it. Mine is in need of good strings (it currently has rotosound 66 strings, which I do not like) and a setup. But even then, great bass. Oh and the batteries last forever. Mine went dead after 7 years or something.

"I'm a work in progress." Micky Barnes

The Ross Brown Shirt World Tour

I did! Can't wait til it arrives! Thanks for the reviews. I like the fact that the string spacing is wide, I like the thin wide neck and sounds like the electronics are good. As long as it comes as described I will be happy.

Well then, Congrats are in order! I hope it serves you well.

Of course, we will need pics!!!

Lydian mode? The only mode I know has the words "pie ala" in front of it.

http://www.myspace.com/theeldoradosband

So she arrived today!!! Very pretty. There are some surface scratches but nothing through any of the finish. It is going to definitely going to take some getting used to. The string spacing is significant...which I really like. I just need to get used to it. I love the wide flat neck. I haven't even come close to figuring out all the sounds I can get out of it. Too busy preparing for finals (nothing like being a full time student and worker to cut into your bass playing time).

It is going to be an adventure. I am going to hide the 4 string so all I do is play the 5'er.

Oh, I really like the B string. Tension is that of the other strings. All of the other 5's that I have played had a real floppy B string. I have only played a Dean, which wasn't nearly as floppy as the Carvin I played. Although I do like some serious tension on the strings. Mainly why I like flats so much.

How do you sign a computer screen?

Archived