Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Good Nashville venues to take a minor?

Groove Mama

• 1 year later...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For lunch get directions to either the Kleer-Vu Lunchroom for some EXCELLENT soul food or the City Cafe to experience classic southern style "meat & three" dining. You can't miss on either of these but my preference is the Kleer-Vu. They are both close to the campus. City Cafe is on Main Street right off the city square and the Kleer-Vu is a few blocks away on a side street (Highland Avenue).

Hey, Tennesseans, Sonny Boy and I are on our way back to the Boro today for MTSU orientation Fri & Sat. Hope to hit the Kleer-Vu for lunch on Saturday. Alas, however, I see that the City Cafe was seized by the State of TN in May for non-payment of taxes. Is it still closed?

Any further recommendations for Boro dining? Anybody playing out in town tonight or Fri night? Thanks!

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

Sonny & I enjoyed a delicious meat + 2 lunch at the Kleer-Vu.

Looks like City Cafe has reopened. Will check out their breakfast offerings when we move Sonny in at the end of August. Love the Boro!

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

Sorry I missed you, Mama. When in August will you be back around?

Glad you got to hit the Kleer-Vu. City Cafe used to be a great place. Haven't eaten there in years, but the last time I was there, I was sitting by myself when two ladies asked if I would like some company. I almost swallowed my fork. It was Lulu Roman and a friend. You never know who you're gonna run into here.

Do not be deceived by, nor take lightly, this particular bit of musicianship one simply describes as "bass". - Lowell George

"The music moves me, it just moves me ugly." William H. Macy in "Wild Hogs"

Archived