Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Noise Maker

Bass Bastard

The combo topic and my need for something more portable made me go on the hunt for a combo amp. My stack is nice for gigs but a bit bulky to just go jam with friends or small parties.

So I got this really nice Ampeg BA115HP for two bills last week. It is LOUD and doubles as a keyboard amp in a pinch.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs210.ash2/47317_1529966481954_1018479123_31543513_1991444_n.jpg

www.burning3.com

Music Man Stingray 5 HH

Peavey T-40

Hartke LH500

Ampeg SVT410HLF

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My stack is nice for gigs but a bit bulky to just go jam with friends or small parties.
Yes, I'm in the same boat. Fortunately a friend is letting me borrow a small combo instead of having to buy my own.

I don't see being able to sell my rig and picking up a light-weight class D head with tons o' power and a couple of light-weight cabs. That may be the more elegant solution but it would cost more than just two bills.

Nice find, BB! :thu:

My stack is nice for gigs but a bit bulky to just go jam with friends or small parties.
Yes, I'm in the same boat. Fortunately a friend is letting me borrow a small combo instead of having to buy my own.

I don't see being able to sell my rig and picking up a light-weight class D head with tons o' power and a couple of light-weight cabs. That may be the more elegant solution but it would cost more than just two bills.

Have you considered building a fEarful or BFM cab to use with your current head? I built a fEarful 12/6 (my main gigging cab) for roughtly $350. The parts for my second pair of BFM Jack10s will cost about $450 for the pair.

HA!

But how is it on tone?!?!?

I highly recommend this little guy as a good combo. It sounds great with headphones, or without. The mute button allows for tuning without annoying everyone and it is LOUD. Best of all, the tone is killer.

We watched Back tot he Future the other day with my 13 year old daughter. She likes all the 80's music and movies. Even goonies.

www.burning3.com

Music Man Stingray 5 HH

Peavey T-40

Hartke LH500

Ampeg SVT410HLF

I got your combo amp right here:

http://www.97thfloor.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/backtothefutureamplifier.jpg

Yeah, but it takes 80 million gigawats to run it. :)

Doc Brown has figured out how to convert trash into that kind of energy. Not a problem.

We watched Back tot he Future the other day with my 13 year old daughter. She likes all the 80's music and movies. Even goonies.

correction, especially goonies.

If the bass is a' rocking, HELL YEAH COME KNOCKIN!

www.myspace.com/gritthitter

correction, especially goonies.

correction noted and will be applied in the future.

www.burning3.com

Music Man Stingray 5 HH

Peavey T-40

Hartke LH500

Ampeg SVT410HLF

Archived